Re: Recca '92 on 3DS

Post by hashiriya1 »

dsheinem wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:
EllertMichael wrote:PREASE DEPOSIT TEARS DIRECTRY INTO NINTENDO 3DS
YGW CONSUME TEARS
MAKE MANY #1 SHOOTING GAME FOR VICTOLY
THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION

Didn't think I'd ever see racist mockeries on Racketboy. Oh well. :?

I took it as making fun of the "Engrish" that appears in so many games (especially shmups). That is, I thought he was making fun of poor translations, not making fun of a people.

I got that. Especially the "victoly" part. Still, being of Asian ancestry I see it a bit differently. I was just a bit disappointed to see it here since I know most Racketboy members are above this sort of thing.

Anyhoo, let's get back to Recca...
Purkeynator
64-bit

Post by Purkeynator »

I am definitely going to give it a download. I love seeing these import games that never reached American audience hitting the virtual console. I have played the game on my Power Pack on my NES and was truly impressed by the amount of sprites on screen and the speed they were pushed on the 8-bit system.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

Purkeynator wrote:I am definitely going to give it a download. I love seeing these import games that never reached American audience hitting the virtual console. I have played the game on my Power Pack on my NES and was truly impressed by the amount of sprites on screen and the speed they were pushed on the 8-bit system.

Have you played Crisis Force? It's also another great shoot-em-up that pushed the limits of the Famicom. Let's hope CF also gets a VC release!
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

hashiriya1 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:Didn't think I'd ever see racist mockeries on Racketboy. Oh well. :?

I took it as making fun of the "Engrish" that appears in so many games (especially shmups). That is, I thought he was making fun of poor translations, not making fun of a people.

I got that. Especially the "victoly" part. Still, being of Asian ancestry I see it a bit differently. I was just a bit disappointed to see it here since I know most Racketboy members are above this sort of thing.

Anyhoo, let's get back to Recca...

:( Come on.
I can't believe I really have to say this, but no that was not meant to be racist against Asians.
& if you really "got that" then you wouldn't have felt the need to post that you assumed it was.
I am truly sorry if you took offense, Terrence. I'm sure you understand it was never my intention.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

:shock: Ho-lee shit! This game is insane. I cannot believe that they got this to run on Famicom at that speed and with that much going on.

Made to the 2nd boss on my 1st playthrough and scored over 419K. I am impressed.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

hashiriya1 wrote:
EllertMichael wrote:PREASE DEPOSIT TEARS DIRECTRY INTO NINTENDO 3DS
YGW CONSUME TEARS
MAKE MANY #1 SHOOTING GAME FOR VICTOLY
THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION

Didn't think I'd ever see racist mockeries on Racketboy. Oh well. :?

not sure how this is racist, what are you smorking?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

foxhound1022 wrote::shock: Ho-lee shit! This game is insane. I cannot believe that they got this to run on Famicom at that speed and with that much going on.

Made to the 2nd boss on my 1st playthrough and scored over 419K. I am impressed.

noob question: How long will it take me to buy this on the eshop, start to finish?

noob question 2: If I buy it on one 3DS, can I install it on my kids 3DS's?

noob question 3: Who's starting the hi-score thread?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:noob question: How long will it take me to buy this on the eshop, start to finish?

I don't know if you're joking, but I seriously don't know either. Can I use PayPal to add $ to my 3DS to buy stuff from the eShop or something?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

mjmjr25 wrote:
foxhound1022 wrote::shock: Ho-lee shit! This game is insane. I cannot believe that they got this to run on Famicom at that speed and with that much going on.

noob question: How long will it take me to buy this on the eshop, start to finish?

noob question 2: If I buy it on one 3DS, can I install it on my kids 3DS's?

noob question 3: Who's starting the hi-score thread?

1. Less than 5 minutes. Unless your 3DS needs to update first, in which case maybe a bit more than that.

2. No, you'd need to buy it seperately on all the 3DS's

3. No idea.

noiseredux wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:noob question: How long will it take me to buy this on the eshop, start to finish?

I don't know if you're joking, but I seriously don't know either. Can I use PayPal to add $ to my 3DS to buy stuff from the eShop or something?

You have to use a debit or credit card (you can choose to save the details or not), or buy a nintendo eshop card to top up.

If you want to top up with the exact amount to buy the game, go to the game, choose purchase and then choose 'pay remainder by debit card' or something to that effect. That'll let you top up with exact amount of the game, rather than in increments of $5 or $10.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

AFAIK, the smallest increment you can add is $10. IDK if this is different in the UK.

I can start the Hi-Score thread if you guys want one. Right now my high is 818,325.