Ibara Hi-Score Thread

2D Shooters Invade
Kidpanda
64-bit

Re: Ibara Hi-Score Thread

Post by Kidpanda »

I think one of the reasons Ibara and BG turned me off initially was the amount of debris flying everywhere when you blow stuff up. BG made it worse cause you couldn't see enemy projectiles as they were dark in color. Ibara made them lighter in color and after adjusting to the amount of garbage flying everywhere I'm really starting to enjoy the game.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Other than rank and sheer debris - I don't see many similarities to Garegga.

Garegga I adore; the enemy pacing, the rank, the medaling, the music, ship differences.

Ibara feels a bit disjointed to me and lacks real flow. The game is very hard which is ok; my major gripe is I don't like the color palette at all - it's sort of a crushing game that just isn't as pretty / interesting to look at as most other CAVE offerings. That said; it'd probably make my top 25 list.

Pink Sweets fixes a few things. The pacing is better and the color palette is infinitely better. However - it's an even more difficult game and the way you die is broken. The delay in death...and respawn is absolutely debilitating and completely ruins any type of flow you may have. It legitimately feels like a 3rd rate developer in that regard and I can't believe it was released like that.

Muchi Muchi Pork is amazing, Brad. You need to give this one more time. I know the things you like about shooters and this game has them - you just need more time with it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I hated HATED the debris stuff. That was my complaint. Dying by stuff I never saw. That kills a shmup for me.

Pink Sweets - totally agree on the respawn pause. Sucks the momentum right out.

Muchi - Well, if that's one that CAVE brings to Steam this year then I guess I'll check it out again.
Chempop
16-bit

Post by Chempop »

You guys know you can launch a Hadou Cannon Rocket by holding bomb and then releasing right? :lol:

That was for you panda. :mrgreen: