Crimzon Clover makes it to the arcade!

2D Shooters Invade
DocHauser
128-bit

Re: Crimzon Clover makes it to the arcade!

Post by DocHauser »

Yes. It's a big improvement. Arcade Mode is better balanced and more challenging than the original version. Plus you have a new ship to play with and two completely new game modes (Boost and Time Attack). There's no Simple mode in this version, but Original and Boost modes both have a Novice difficulty level which is around the same level as Simple. There's an additional Training Mode to practice stages and bosses.

Graphic are sharper and you've got online leaderboards and various other things like achievements (which I'm not too bothered about, but they're there if you fancy that extra challenge).

Buy it now! :)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

DocHauser wrote:Yes. It's a big improvement. Arcade Mode is better balanced and more challenging than the original version. Plus you have a new ship to play with and two completely new game modes (Boost and Time Attack). There's no Simple mode in this version, but Original and Boost modes both have a Novice difficulty level which is around the same level as Simple. There's an additional Training Mode to practice stages and bosses.

Graphic are sharper and you've got online leaderboards and various other things like achievements (which I'm not too bothered about, but they're there if you fancy that extra challenge).

Buy it now! :)

on it!
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Cracked 50 million in Time Attack with Type III (no death run as well). Haven't unlocked Type Z yet, but I'm getting close...
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Just had a few minutes to play the Steam version, so I didn't get to check much. But is there an easy way to use a joystick on this version? Playing on a keyboard just doesn't work well for me.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SpoonyBard wrote:Just had a few minutes to play the Steam version, so I didn't get to check much. But is there an easy way to use a joystick on this version? Playing on a keyboard just doesn't work well for me.

I'm confused sir. I just fired up the Steam version and the 360 pad worked no problems.

EDIT: Reading comments on the Steam forums, it sounds like 360 pad works, but sticks are a problem... oddly. Hopefully that gets patched for sure, as I'd certainly prefer playing this w/ stick if possible.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Even the pad will be a welcome change. Thanks!
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

76 million in Time Attack with Type Z.

There's an achievement for getting that rank - easier to do if you're using Type Z, of course...
DocHauser
128-bit

Post by DocHauser »

Trying to get my name as high up on as many leaderboards as possible in this. Since you've got Novice and Arcade mode for Boost and Original, plus Unlimited and Time Attack, and a separate table for each of the 4 ships, there are 24 tables altogether (not including the ones for Stage 1 only).

So far I'm still in the top 10 for five of the tables and top 20 in another ten. And, as the song goes, fifteen out of twenty-four ain't bad. Maybe I should just concentrate on a single mode at a time, instead of trying to play them all at once :)

Best effort so far is 4th for Novice Boost using Type II, but I guess more people are probably using Type I...

Blackbird@Degica

Post by Blackbird@Degica »

Hello to everyone at Racketboy! It looks like I already know some of you from shmups forum, but for those of you I don't, my name is Brad. I also go by Blackbird.

Currently I'm the community manager for Crimzon Clover World Ignition. Degica (the game's publisher) and Yotsubane (the game's creator) are really excited about the positive fan reception for this game, and want to build a great relationship with the shmup fan community. We want to continue promoting this game and bring you exciting CC WI-related content and events. Will this mean more things to explode!? I certainly hope so.

I will keep this forum posted of any new developments with this game as soon as I hear about them.

A DRM-free CC WI release on Good Old Games is confirmed, but I don't know exactly when it's coming out yet.

Until then, please feel free to contact me with any bug reports, questions, or inquiries you have regarding this game. You can also keep up with news on our Twitter, if you would prefer. https://twitter.com/CrimzonCloverWI

Go for the stars! Cheers folks =).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Welcome aboard, blackbird. The Steam port is great!