Espgaluda II + Black Label - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: Espgaluda II + Black Label - Hi-Scores

Post by mjmjr25 »

I usually score better with Seseri, but gave Ageha a couple runs last night and had my new high.

84,901,638 - mjmjr25 - Stage 4 - Ageha - Black Label

I also set my son up for novice mode on Black Label, he made stage 6 TLB and over 100mil before dying out. I'll be posting some videos later. He's really good for 7yo.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

23,269,990 - fvgazi - Stage 3 - Seseri - 360 Black Label
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Finally figured out scoring better in black label. When you have green gems and you activate kakusei more bullets will start to appear from all active enemies, quickly switch back to "normal" and then when you kill those enemies you cancel all of those extra bullets.

First run after figuring that out was 90+ mil and stage 3 boss, now to find the best places to do it.

Also, so my 7yo got to the TLB on novice w/5 lives yesterday and today my 5yo actually 1cc'd it. It was crazy, wish i'd been recording it, but I did save the replay to the 360's HD.

Here's a couple vids from my 7yo last night for anyone interested:
http://s929.beta.photobucket.com/user/mjmjr25/media/MVI_0117_zps332ed5ce.mp4.html

Funny thing in the first video, at the 00:59 mark, my wife walks in and says, "I thought you guys were reading!"

http://s929.beta.photobucket.com/user/m ... d.mp4.html
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Decided to give Black Label - Novice a run to see if I can better see where to use my gems in Black Label Original. Not difficult, but def. a lot of good practice. On the chance we start a novice score thread:

590,369,128 - mjmjr25 - ALL - Ageha - Black Label Novice (defaults)

And it paid immediate dividends...

134,454,547 - mjmjr25 - Stage 4 - Ageha - Black Label

And, a proud dad moment, my 5yo on Black Label Novice (set to 5 lives instead of 3, though):
169,089,985 - Tagan - ALL - Ageha - Black Label Novice (set to 5 lives instead of default 3)
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

Updated with a novice table. Your son has a pretty badass score, so he deserves one! :wink:
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

So so close to passing Ellert, not posting another score until I do. Playing this exclusively the past 12-15 days, going back and forth with survival and score. Can get as far as Stage 5 boss, but my best run was middle of stage 4 at 218mil-ish. If I can combine the 2 and get the second extend, a clear is possible, which I NEVER would have though 2 weeks ago, when I could hardly make it to the 3rd boss. This is rapidly climbing my list of fav. games.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:So so close to passing Ellert, not posting another score until I do.

EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

:lol: Noise - the first time I saw that episode I nearly pissed myself. the Office is great.

Man. I haven't played this game in a long time... it's fun. backwardsgaluda.
Pretty sure my crappy score came right after I watched the sissy video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgq6fjHfOM
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Weird, he seems to be playing much better than me, but my score for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are typically higher than what he was doing. He's def. taking down bosses 2-4 faster than I am.

Had no idea there was a 1up on stage 3, that's huge.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

That video was a huge help for a couple things, primarily the 2 large enemies at the end of stage 3 and the midboss on stage 4. As for scoring, the way im playing (which is quite a bit different than him) i'm still ahead of his score each step of the way.

I wasn't able to get the one up in any of my 3 runs, in fact, taking out that mid-boss in stages like that turns it from a 45 second battle to a 2 minute battle, and I end up dying anyways, so not worth it for me...yet.

Here's where I am at stage 3 boss; I usually get the extend at the beginning of stage 3:
Stage 3 boss: 163,727,048 / All 4 health (3 to start, plus extend at 100mil, not getting the 1up)

I usually die once, sometimes twice on stage 3 boss. Not sure what to do, I go back and forth between blue and overdrive red.

Stage 4 is relatively easy until the mid-boss, and he is now more manageable after watching that video. I'm still really struggling at the stage 4 boss. His first 2 forms I usually make it through, then die once or twice during his last 3 forms, need a lot of work on him.

New hi-score:
246,379,882 - mjmjr25 - Stage 4 (boss) - Seseri - Black Label