Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi - HI SCORES

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi - HI SCORES

Post by mjmjr25 »

Yeah, that mid-boss is tough at first. I got in the habit of just flat out bombing his first form - second form is easier. After I began clearing stage 3 easily it I wanted that bomb back, so went to work on getting through that mid-boss w/o bombing.

The key to Ketsui (for me) is aggressiveness and holding firm on a large enemy. Take stage 2 after the mid-boss for example. There are multiple large enemies, alternating left to right, one after another, for a good 30 seconds. If you are right on top of them as they come on screen and can backpedal and dodge, you kill him and he'll stop spewing bullets before the next one is on screen on the opposite side.

However, if you are playing defensively, at the bottom, you won't kill him, then the other will spawn on the opposite side and now you're trying to dodge crossways bullet patterns coming from both sides, as well as popcorn enemies coming at you, and it makes a pretty average stage brutally difficult. Ketsui is a drug. The more you take the more you need. I'm getting the itch just writing about it.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

@Ellert - I think you may have missed my arcade score a while back: viewtopic.php?p=795386#p795386
Last edited by pierrot on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Not my board :P
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Not my board :P

Pshaw.

:oops:
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Nice start!

How far into Stage 2 are you getting? The midboss there gave me trouble when I first started playing.

The midboss is the dual tank thing, correct? I think my best run has been getting right before him.

I have scored 4mil 3 different times, and the one I posted was the run I did without using any bombs.

It blows my mind that some of you guys can score 20mil+, let alone someone scoring 60 million. Absolutely blows my mind. When shit starts getting crazy around the 3rd level, I always think "How in the HELL can someone 1CC this game". It's insane.

I'm starting to learn (and correct me if I'm wrong) that beginner assumption at this game (and perhaps other bullet hells) is to be at the bottom of the screen to dodget bullets but the more I play sometimes the patterns are too tight at the bottom so it's better to be almost right near the enemy or about mid screen.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

It differs from game to game, but its true that staying at the bottom of the screen is often not the best strategy.

In Ketsui, you actually want to be very aggressive. The stage 3 you are seeing probably looks so difficult because enemies are staying alive long enough to shoot way too much flak at you. If you approach the stage correctly, you can take out a lot of threats before they have a chance to be too pesky.

This works into scoring as well, since point-blank shooting an enemy (with your normal shot) will make them drop the largest chip value, the 5 Chip. Then, you can use your lock shot to clear the screen out, and all enemies will drop 5 Chips as well.

You'll start to get the hang of the flow of the game, and learn where the best opportunities are to get a quick point-blank in, so that you can grab a bunch of 5 Chips.

Another tip is that a lot of the bullets in this game are aimed at the player, and are not static shots. What makes Ketsui a little trickier than most in this regard, though, is that the aimed shots will often surround the player. So, as you heard bullets, moving slowly so that the shots are just behind you, its easy to hit an aimed shot that was meant to surround your ship (I hope that makes sense).

Just keep at it! Set small goals and keep besting yourself, and soon you'll think, "Man, I remember when I thought 20m was a lot of points"

... Man, now I want to play Ketsui.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:It differs from game to game, but its true that staying at the bottom of the screen is often not the best strategy.

In Ketsui, you actually want to be very aggressive. The stage 3 you are seeing probably looks so difficult because enemies are staying alive long enough to shoot way too much flak at you. If you approach the stage correctly, you can take out a lot of threats before they have a chance to be too pesky.

This works into scoring as well, since point-blank shooting an enemy (with your normal shot) will make them drop the largest chip value, the 5 Chip. Then, you can use your lock shot to clear the screen out, and all enemies will drop 5 Chips as well.

You'll start to get the hang of the flow of the game, and learn where the best opportunities are to get a quick point-blank in, so that you can grab a bunch of 5 Chips.

Another tip is that a lot of the bullets in this game are aimed at the player, and are not static shots. What makes Ketsui a little trickier than most in this regard, though, is that the aimed shots will often surround the player. So, as you heard bullets, moving slowly so that the shots are just behind you, its easy to hit an aimed shot that was meant to surround your ship (I hope that makes sense).

Just keep at it! Set small goals and keep besting yourself, and soon you'll think, "Man, I remember when I thought 20m was a lot of points"

... Man, now I want to play Ketsui.

Great advice, once again. Thanks!
Kidpanda
64-bit

Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi - HI SCORES

Post by Kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 44,461,946 - Stage 4 - Tiger Schwert - PCB

Missed the second extend :O
I apologize if the pic is too big, it's the smallest size on tapatalk. :/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Nice one Panda, sooo close to my score.

Isn't the 2nd extend on stage 5 though?
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Nice one Panda, sooo close to my score.

Isn't the 2nd extend on stage 5 though?

It may be, never been that far lol. I meant I almost made it to the second score extend :D