DEATHSMILES - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
DocHauser
128-bit

Re: DEATHSMILES - Hi-Scores

Post by DocHauser »

Been playing this a bit more on MAME recently, after I learned that Rosa could be unlocked by using a code on the title screen. Only took me a few attempts to 1CC it after that...

DocHauser - 62,996,933 - ALL - Rosa - MAME

It's a pretty low score for an all clear. I reckon I could get at least 80 million using the same route with a bit of practice (low rank: two stages on level 1, two stages on level 2, no canyon stage). I had a couple of attempts with 'Death Mode' on as well, which starts to get a lot harder, but I guess that's where the really big scores are...
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Stuck this in for about a half-hour last night. I think I got a little over 28 mil, so I definitely think I can score well.

Although TBH, I'm not really digging this game; IDK what it is.
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

36,404,086 - beatnix - 4-1 - rosa - xbox

Been playing back through the catalog of my Shmups... Beefed it on the volcano level when I should have been racking big beautiful orange bonus points. Still scored well... But should have beat my high score by a lot. Instead I fell just short... But my high score currently is on the pic, guess I never posted it. I think I was hoping for a higher score, but never got around to it.

beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

Ok... One more post. But finally made a run that beat my high score by quite a bit. Was pretty happy with it, but blew the 1CC just before reaching the final boss.

51480244 - beatnix - 4-1 - rosa - 360

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Bump.

No, I'm not in the wrong place.

Before you ask "what business does Exed have going off and submitting a score in a Cave shmup thread outside of SOTM", well I got a new desktop recently that has way more power than my usual gaming laptop, so I took that UME/STGT bundle I had set up to play for last November and see if Muchi Muchi Pork would get a performance boost, and indeed it does. It plays full speed and no more slowdown except for that inherent in the game itself.

So I saw Deathsmiles on that game selection list, and I saw so much talk about it and how good it was, and you all weren't kidding. Another great Cave hori (I liked Progear a lot), and this one was way accessible to a Cave-scrub like me and I could easily possibly 1cc this with a bit more practice. My first few scores were pretty pathetic, then I went on the Shmups forum and read up on the strategy, and realized this game has a very similar scoring system to Espgaluda! A few runs later, I wanted to post something significant to start, but this is gonna put me on the very bottom until I can re-attempt. I read all the posts in thread, and I *think* I have a better idea on what to do. This one stage is a killer because it's a vertical drop to the bottom.

ExedExes - 20,891,258 - Windia - Stage 3-2 - UME64

So I guess I'm officially one of RB's fancypants Cave jockeys now. Is this where the Deathsmiles support group meets? :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
studentzki
16-bit

Post by studentzki »

Sombetzki - 117,764,389 - Rosa - ALL - Arcade PCB
a.k.a. sombetzki
My arcade collection
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 76,201,637 - All - Follett - 360 Arcade Mode
Attachments
IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG (279.83 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

mjmjr25 - 69,572,455 - Stage 4-2 (boss) - Rosa - PCB

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Respectfully submitting this amazing performance from the STGT here.

ExedExes - Team NES - 73,458,331 - ALL - Rosa - MAME

Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

moved over all the scores from the STGT DS thread...a week ago 29 mil got you in the top 10 - now you need over 60mil.

A very impressive showing by our community - nice job, all!