HI-SCORE THREAD - Links to ALL Hi-Scoring Shmup Threads Here

2D Shooters Invade
Flake

Re: IC: Hi-Score Threads

Post by Flake »

ZenErik wrote:
noiseredux wrote:what are we doing though? Single credit?

EDIT? or is that what "settings" means?

Generally default settings and one credit. Although perhaps we can do it by difficulty level too.

Getting too complicated. It'll be easier if someone starts a thread about a particular game, lists the settings and conditions they used (difficulty, coins, etc), and then their score.

Everyone else would then answer that initial challenge. That way different scenarios can exist, as well. Someone can start a minimum score run of Mario, for instance.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
mjmjr25

Hi-Score Threads

Post by mjmjr25 »

noiseredux wrote:what are we doing though? Single credit?

EDIT? or is that what "settings" means?

Yeah, single credit - hi-score (level reached is recorded, but hi-score is the goal).

A post would look like this, for example in a Battle Garegga Hi-score thread:

1) 3,401,300 - Grass-hopper - Level 4 - SATURN
2) 2,332,200 - Wild-Snail - Level 5 - MAME
3) 2,330,400 - Silver-Sword - Level 6 - SATURN
4) 1,980,800 - Wild-Snail - Level 3 - ARCADE
etc...

Looks like there would be a at least a few folks interested in some continually running hi-score threads. For me, I always enjoy being motivated to beat scores and to see where other folks are at.

With that, I think i'll get a few going, i'll start a list of shmups to hi-score for in the OP, please feel free to post in the thread others you'd like to see. I'll prob start 8-10 or so of them, any more than that would be a bit of a bugger to update routinely.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Hi-Score Threads OP Updated w/some thread titles

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I'd like to see both Darius Gaiden and Galactic Attack. Also the ThunderForce games.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I'd like to see both Darius Gaiden and Galactic Attack. Also the ThunderForce games.

I'll add Darius Gaiden and Galactic Attack to the OP.

For Thunderforce...all of them?

Also, to all whom are in to this idead. By all means, start a thread of any title you'd like to see (try to keep the title simple, and the OP of that thread cut / dried).

PM me or post here when you've started one and i'll hyper-link it to the OP of this thread, so as to they all can be found in the same place.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

mjmjr25 wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:I'd like to see both Darius Gaiden and Galactic Attack. Also the ThunderForce games.

Also, to all whom are in to this idead. By all means, start a thread of any title you'd like to see (try to keep the title simple, and the OP of that thread cut / dried).

PM me or post here when you've started one and i'll hyper-link it to the OP of this thread, so as to they all can be found in the same place.

Well... maybe not all the Thunderforce games but definitely the Genesis titles.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

I'm liking this idea! Now I can competitively play with you guys! This week I shall start playing along with the shmup of the month per usual.

I think I'll try and save my 1,000th post for a high score in Truxton tonight. :)
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

mjmjr25 wrote:

I have wanted this for half a year now, so glad that its happening. I'll be starting a few threads for some shmups that I want to compete in, and I'll PM you Mike.

Gonna try to not start too many at once, so I can actually focus on a game for this, and a game for SotM Club.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'll be starting a Galactic Attack / Layer Section thread later today - after I replay it and can get a starting score.

I plan on starting threads for all those listed on page 1 of the this thread.

For any other games, please do what Zenerik did, create a similar thread and post a message here or pm me to have added to the OP.
mjmjr25

Re: Hi-Score Threads - Hyper-linked list

Post by mjmjr25 »

Added (2) more titles to main post:
Rayforce / galactic attack / gunlock / layer section

and

Mushi futari 1.5 + BL
mjmjr25

Re: Hi-Score Threads - Hyper-linked list

Post by mjmjr25 »

Added:

Pro Gear no Arashi