Xbox 360 Shooter Checklist

2D Shooters Invade
Matthew Doucette
16-bit

Re: Xbox 360 Shooter Checklist

Post by Matthew Doucette »

cabrando wrote:You can now get Death Smiles2 X on XBLA in USA. Cost is $29.99

It's not XBLA. XBLA is Xbox LIVE "Arcade". Full retail games that become downloadable on Xbox 360 are Xbox LIVE "Games on Demand". Huge difference between the two. EDIT: XBLA has 200/200 Gamerscore and are usually smaller and $5..$15. Games on Demand are just retail, so 1,000/1,000 Gamerscore and usually $60.

EDIT again: I don't see it in Games on Demand... so it just USA? I'm in Canada.
Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

Might be time to make a USA account, Matt. :)

I updated the first post again to show the current status of the games on the list.

My Japanese Xbox 360 got the dreaded disc read error. I've still been collecting the newest import titles, but I have not been able to try them out yet. I'll need to get another Japan region console to do so. If Xbox 360 has any downfall, it is the red ring or disc read error issues that seem to plague the older versions of the console. I hope if I get a Japan slim console, it will last this time.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Just started playing Muchi Muchi Pork today. I already knew I sucked at shmups, but then I died about 30 times in a playthrough of MMP. A long ways off from a 1CC...
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Great list, I'll definitely keep close watch of this thread. Just made my first 360 shmup purchase today: Raiden IV. Played about an hour or so, pretty solid - gotta pick up Fighters Aces as soon as I get the chance.

Any word on Radiant Silvergun's debut on XBLA?
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

Radiant Silvergun came out on XBLA yesterday (9/14/2011). I must say, the 10+ year wait to finally try this game was well worth it. It lives up to all the hype I've been hearing about it since I was a teenager and first read about it in the back of Gamefan magazine so many years ago. If you buy any shooter off of XBLA, make it that one. It truly is a gem of a game.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

So let me get this straight the first post shows only disc released games correct? I don't care how good the game is I will not support DLC, (all personal reasons and I don't want to get off topic).

I am really wanting to get a Japanese 360 for shmups.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Yea. Looks like just retail since I dont see Guwange, Trouble Witches, etc.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Thanks for letting me know it looks like I'm going to have to get a Japanese 360 because I have to try the new DoDonPachi games and I have been wanting to try Exzeal ever since I played Trizeal on the Dreamcast so Shooting Love 200X is a must, and If I like Deathsmiles I am going to want the sequel also, oh hell there is just so many more choices for Japan.

Time to start saving a lot of cash!
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

There is certainly no better console for Cave shmups. I've got all 10 Cave shmups for the 360. 11 if you count Guwange (XBLA).

Radirgy Noa Massive is awesome, BTW. Only non-Cave shmup disc release I own for the 360 so far. And rancor at Tokyo Shmups can probably get you a sealed copy for less than half of what Play-Asia charges for a new copy. :wink:

http://www.sk8tokyo.com/shmup/

I know you don't want to download games, but there is really some good stuff to be had if you ever change your mind.

Bangai-O HD
Guwange
Ikaruga
Radiant Silvergun
Rez HD (rail shooter but an awesome game)
Triggerheart Exelica (terrible compared to the DC version though)
Trouble Witches Neo!

And more!

But even if you never change your mind there is still an awesome selection of disc releases. :)
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

ZenErik wrote:I know you don't want to download games, but there is really some good stuff to be had if you ever change your mind.

Bangai-O HD
Guwange
Ikaruga
Radiant Silvergun
Rez HD (rail shooter but an awesome game)
Triggerheart Exelica (terrible compared to the DC version though)
Trouble Witches Neo!

And more!

But even if you never change your mind there is still an awesome selection of disc releases. :)

I plan on getting those on their respective systems, already have a hefty Dreamcast shmup collection.