Mind Blown Tekken 7: FT

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Mind Blown Tekken 7: FT

Post by CD AGES »

It was inevitable. I know. Everyone was simply waiting on how they would approach their version of it and when they would finally talk about it or finally unveil the damn game.
But If you have been a fan and follower of both franchises, the way they are going about this is very smart and hype.

https://youtu.be/QRXb9ppFicQ
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Mind Blown Tekken 7: FT

Post by noiseredux »

is this what became of TxSF?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Perhaps this makes me a heathen, but I never meshed well with Tekken. Perhaps it's because my first 3D fighter was Virtua Fighter. That said, I think this trailer is much better than anything Capcom or SNK Playmore has used to promo their own series for several years now.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

noiseredux wrote:is this what became of TxSF?

More like, what is to come and what may very well be. Remember how the Marvel VS. series was hinted at in the 90's with Capcom adding Akuma as hidden playable character to X-Men: COTA. Looks like Namco took a similar approach but in a much more ambitious manner by having the character play a major role into the official Tekken series plot. This could potentially set the tone and the stage for TxSF In a big dynamic way.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

marurun wrote:Perhaps this makes me a heathen, but I never meshed well with Tekken. Perhaps it's because my first 3D fighter was Virtua Fighter. That said, I think this trailer is much better than anything Capcom or SNK Playmore has used to promo their own series for several years now.

Oh I agree completely. It's a brilliant move by Namco as I brings new interest into its biggest I.P. which is no secret that it's been stagnating in sales in the home market for some time. This also allows them the opportunity of having SF players dip their toes into their fighting engine in preperation while at the same time hyping up the possibility of TxSF being the next official stepping stone into the next Tekken installment.
People have been bitching that TxSF was vaporware and that it would never materialize as Namco has been very quiet about their version of the game. I don't blame Namco tho. SFxT was a disaster. They needed to approach their own philosophy into their version in a very careful way and learn from Capcom's mistakes.