EVO 2015

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

EVO 2015

Post by CD AGES »

Seeing as Evo is just around the corner (like this weekend!), I was wondering if any fellow RB members are planning to attend this yearly event?
I'm fairly certain (if I can rid myself of this dam fever!!!) that I will be attending all 3 days. Mostly going for old man poverty games like ST, CvS2 and Vsav tournament. I believe most of the poverty lineup will get some much deserved stream time courtesy of MadCatz. YAY!!!

So if anyone here in the group is going, please post on this thread. Perhaps we can play some random games, grab a brew or just meet a fellow Racketeer for the first time. If not then make sure to tune in, or better yet wish me luck cuz I'll be needing it... sigh : )
Attachments
IMG_4316887880912.jpeg
IMG_4316887880912.jpeg (80.37 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
IMG_4303387362116.jpeg
IMG_4303387362116.jpeg (37.54 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: EVO 2015

Post by bmoc »

I wish I was able to go but it is just too far away and expensive for me. I am hoping that I will be able to attend Combo Breaker and/or CEO next year. However I will be watching the streams as much as possible this weekend. I'm definitely going to tune in for the Killer Instinct, Skullgirls and BlazBlue coverage.

The official tournament streams can be found here: http://evo.shoryuken.com/schedule/ (Hint: To get the stream URL from the schedule, take the column name and put twitch.tv/ in front of it. Example: twitch.tv/srkevo1)

There are also a ridiculous amount of side tournaments. The stream schedule for those can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/ ... 7Pv98k/pub
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I wish I could make it. That is one of the big gaming bucket lists I have is to attend an EVO once, but not this year. This is my Super Bowl and I am lucky to have the time to watch it. I am gonna be just sitting there on the couch with my baby watching Evo on my TV through my Wii U and having a blast. Gonna be the best weekend ever.

Gotta get my baby inundated to the world of competitive gaming!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

May not be able to watch this year, which sucks. Lots of good side tourneys going on.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

TSTR wrote:May not be able to watch this year, which sucks. Lots of good side tourneys going on.

No virtua fighter tournament so.....boooo!!! We need us some more Virtua Fighter!!!!!

I honestly think Sega's mindset is, "You want a game made? Here are the rights go make it. We ain't dealing with it." They have whored out Virtua Fighter to Dead or Alive and Smash Bros. and just gave the Shenmue rights to Yu Suzuki because he asked for them.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:No virtua fighter tournament so.....boooo!!! We need us some more Virtua Fighter!!!

They had to make room for the Catherine side tourney obviously :roll:
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

we are under an hour away from the tournament to end all tournaments!!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is a good day to be doing laundry all day! Just sit and watch EVO. Good times.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

The Tekken 7 pools are certainly interesting because no one really knows what they are doing yet.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Things I have learned watching EVO.

My baby likes Tekken.

I am so ashamed. I need to get her on the fast track for loving good fighting games.... like Virtua Fighter.

bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Probably the best EVO moment that I saw yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvLdmb3Fot4