Street Fighter V Announced. PS4 and PC Exclusive.

Brawlers and Beatemups
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter V Announced. PS4 and PC Exclusive.

Post by TSTR »

Yeah, this looked pretty sweet at Capcom Cup. Really interested as to how the system mechanics work.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

I'm sure someone has written this in an article or something and maybe even somewhere in this thread, but the Ultra version will be on all consoles if I were a betting man. They're not going to let Street Fighter be off of Xbox owners' radar for like 10 years until the SFVI.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
outlaw_moon
24-bit

Post by outlaw_moon »

Snatch1414 wrote:I'm sure someone has written this in an article or something and maybe even somewhere in this thread, but the Ultra version will be on all consoles if I were a betting man. They're not going to let Street Fighter be off of Xbox owners' radar for like 10 years until the SFVI.

I don't own either systems, but exclusives don't make much sense in today's market in my opinion. With game development costs going up, I would think studios would want to make their games available to as many people as possible.

I consider myself a SF fan, but with limited funds, I don't think I would ever justify purchasing a PS4 because of it.
It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

It looks like there may not be a Super/Hyper/Ultra edition. It appears that they are going to take an approach similar to Killer Instinct in order to patch in additional characters and content. So the likelihood of SFV coming to something other than PS4 and PC just went down considerably.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/ ... -one-disc/
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Anybody played the beta?

I've only played for about 4 hours now, but I like Birdie. Granted, that's probably because everyone has to be hella up close to do anything and everyone with a dick moves like they're knee deep in mud, so may as well have command grabs. He still seems fun and has some interesting moves, like j.MP seems to be a really weird one for fake crossups.

Tried playing Chun Li, and she was fun considering she actually moves, but I kept getting matched up with solid zoners when I'd pick her and the only option I could really find was to neutral jump. Seems like everybody has some way of each negating projectiles or moving through them but I couldn't find a decent answer with Chun.

Bison and Nash are slow as hell. Tried to play them, and even had some fun with Bison (got my first rage quit using Bison, yay) but I just can't get the hang of them.

Ryu and Cammy are both pretty much exactly as they have been. Their V-Trigger attack cancel allows them to link into some nasty combos, though, so that's fun. I FEEL like they are probably the most solid characters in the game thus far, but also pretty boring.

But that's just this scrubs opinion, and I am a scrub. I'm trying to play every character equally so I'll have a decent opinion of the game. If I'm missing anything or wrong on something, please let me know, I'd like to get the most out of this thing by tomorrow.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

PC System Requirements have been announced.

OS Version

Recommended: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor

Minimum: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz

Memory

Minimum: 6 GB DDR3
Recommended: 8 GB DDR3

Graphics

Minimum: Nvidia GTX 480 (or higher)
Nvidia GTX 570 (or higher)
Nvidia GTX 670 (or higher)
Recommended: GTX 960

Network

Broadband Connection Required

DirectX Version

Minimum: DirectX 11
Recommended: DirectX 11

Sound Card

Minimum: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog ... mendations

The video card requirement hurts. So a $250ish video card to play the game well? I might as well spend a little extra and get a PS4. But then again, video card prices will probably be a lot lower come March. Decisions...
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

bmoc wrote:PC System Requirements have been announced.

OS Version

Recommended: Windows 7 64-bit

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog ... mendations

Steve Ballmer is not amused.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

the GPU doesn't really shock me. It's the low-mid (2GB) model of the 'current gen' cards. The game is coming out March 2016. It's not like they're saying you need a 970/980 to play it. And in fact, min requirement is what a 480? So I'm sure dudes still rocking stuff like a 7xx or whatever will be able to play it just fine.

Anyway, what's up w/ the Beta? I see that if you pre-order it on PC you have beta access. But does that mean right now - or at some later date? Cuz if it means that I could be playing Street Fighter V right now, then that might change some things.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

noiseredux wrote:Anyway, what's up w/ the Beta? I see that if you pre-order it on PC you have beta access. But does that mean right now - or at some later date? Cuz if it means that I could be playing Street Fighter V right now, then that might change some things.

The PC beta will begin with the next testing phase which should be "soon". I speculate that it will happen in October. They are going to test cross-platform play so you'll be able fight PS4 users as well.

So far there have been 3 tests. The first one was a complete disaster and hardly anyone got to play. Shortly thereafter, they had a 2 day stress test to ensure that the rescheduled PS4 beta test went more smoothly. The rescheduled test happened Aug 28th - Sept 2.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.