Brawlers and Beatemups
Aramonde
128-bit

Re: Mortal Kombat X - New Ermac concept art!

by Aramonde Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Update in the OP!
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

by DomitorInvictus Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Looks like a wizard.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Wed May 06, 2015 8:20 am

anyone playing MKX online? I think the online is kinda not great, but am willing to get practice in as I suck at MK games in general.

I'm playing Kotal Khan (sun god) right now, D'vorah (broodmother/venomous) is my end game, for when I actually obtain skills in the game.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed May 06, 2015 8:23 am

cha cha wrote:anyone playing MKX online?

no. I definitely want the game, and actually my wife wants it more than I do. And if Jason and Predator had been included in the base game, I would have bought it Day One. But considering the crazy prices on the DLC, I'm one of the many folks that's just gonna wait for a nice sale.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed May 06, 2015 10:26 am

MK X's netcode is pretty terrible. I was dropping a lot of combos that I could do perfectly offline - very frustrating. I played online for the first two weeks and while it got progressively better, it was never great. Supposedly they are still working to make it better http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/4/8548507 ... pc-netcode

I'm sticking with single player and local multiplayer for now.

And if you haven't heard, don't get it on PC. They botched that port something fierce. Their recent patch that was supposed to fix a majority of the issues ended up deleting player data.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed May 06, 2015 10:29 am

bmoc wrote:And if you haven't heard, don't get it on PC. They botched that port something fierce. Their recent patch that was supposed to fix a majority of the issues ended up deleting player data.

PC is the only place I get stuff tho. Since I'm holding off for a price drop anyway, I'm hoping that any wrinkles will be ironed out by then.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed May 06, 2015 9:54 pm

PS4 here. I haven't noticed much issues in-game online, but my word... I usually end up spending twice the amount of game time just simply trying to find games or get into them. Very very slow and disappointing.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Thu May 07, 2015 9:57 am

I play ps4 as well, the input latency even on a great connection is highly noticeable. With input timing on most combos being super tight, you either have to be godlike with your muscle memory for the timing or just settle for easier and greatly reduced damage combos. I just dont know why other companies can't learn from what Namco has done with their last few FG netcode entries, which were nearly as good as you can get online.

Be yea my mid screen staple for Kotal offline is: f+2, f+2, 1, df1(ex), b+1,2 db2

Online it's: f+2, 1, df1, db2.... otherwise it will drop.

problem!
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

by Mad_Hatter Sat May 16, 2015 5:52 am

That sucks. It can only get worse once it gets on the 360, which is what I'm waiting for.

I heard it was supposed to be released on the 360/PS3 this Jun or December 15.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:46 am

Possible netcode improvements!

http://shoryuken.com/2016/01/14/recent- ... rovements/

If they start using GGPO netcode then I might have to dust this one off. Great game but no longevity for me because the current netcode is garbage. I might even buy a kombat pack or two (on sale) if it works really well.
Return to Fighters