Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
cha cha
128-bit

Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

Post by cha cha »

Now that all 5 new characters have been announced, I wanna hear this community's thoughts.

new characters added to the roster for Ultra:

Rolento
Hugo
Poison
Elena
Decapre
(announced today)

New game mechanics: delayed wake up, red focus (absorbs any amount of hits for 3 bars of super meter), option to select both ultra's at once (essentially increase options for less damage)

Release dates:

June- digital upgrade from AE2012 only
August- retail physical disc

So does anyone have comments? Concerns?

Does anyone think it's kinda lame that every single new character is either a c&p from SFxT or a clone-like characrer (Decapre is essentially Cammy clone mixed with M. Bison moves).

It has also been mentioned that this is "likely" the last version of SF4 we will see before they make a totally new game. Any gripes about characters or things that never got added to it?

Are you excited for the changes and new characters? Do you think this gives SF4 to live on as a tourney classic for years to come or will it get stale quicker than the others due to 'stale' design since 2009?

Discuss! :wink:
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Ultra Street Fighter 4 thread

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am excited, but it is definitely skeptical optimism. I am personally getting a bit tired of the constant iterations of Street Fighter IV. I never felt that the series needed to do this to keep it relevant in the fighting game community as it is always played, regardless. I will probably play it, but not dedicate as much time as I do for other games like Virtua Fighter 5: Final Shodown (I know I know....the game isn't as relevant on the scene, but I love it none the less)

It will definitely be supported by the community though, since it is made by Capcom. That seems to be the rule of thumb for most people.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

cha cha wrote:Are you excited for the changes and new characters?

nope
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43599

some previous discussion
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Aramonde
128-bit

Post by Aramonde »

(raises hand) ummm who the hell is Decapre?

Edit: Now that i look at her she has the same character model as Cammy but with a mask on. LOL Capcom i set my expections very low and you couldn't even met that. That's Capcom for ya! :lol:

LMAO!!!! This is a video from the stream. Skip to 5:13 when they come back from showing the trailer. Everyone could care less! They get more excited when they throwout free t-shirts

Edit:2 i forgot to put the link :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAZxuoOjOqg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Aramonde on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Aramonde wrote:(raises hand) ummm who the hell is Decapre?

Edit: Now that i look at her she has the same character model as Cammy but with a mask on. LOL Capcom i set my expections very low and you couldn't even met that. That's Capcom for ya! :lol:

LMAO!!!! This is a video from the stream. Skip to 5:13 when they come back from showing the trailer. Everyone could care less! They get more excited when they throwout free t-shirts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She actually made an appearance in Street Fighter Alpha 3 as one of M. Bison's minions, which did also include Cammy at one time story wise. Supposedly she plays very different than Cammy, being a charge character. I am not impressed, but not annoyed by it.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I loved SFxT so I'm fine w/ the c&p.

I'm thrilled Poison is being included.

Looking forward to Chun-Li (me) kicking Hugo (Mike) in the head.

I had planned to get this on Steam, but I have a hunch you guys are all getting it on PS3, yeah?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:I loved SFxT so I'm fine w/ the c&p.

I'm thrilled Poison is being included.

Looking forward to Chun-Li (me) kicking Hugo (Mike) in the head.

I had planned to get this on Steam, but I have a hunch you guys are all getting it on PS3, yeah?

I would be getting it on steam, since that is where I have SF IV AE.

racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I would have hoped for the 5th character being a bit more unique, but I'm still in :)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Really pleased w/all the characters. I'll be getting PS3 physical.