ESGN.TV Fight Night - Street Fighter

Brawlers and Beatemups
Edge
8-bit

ESGN.TV Fight Night - Street Fighter

Post by Edge »

Anyone here is watching the show ?

Link: http://esgntv.com/tv/show/detail.php?ctgr_no=26

It's a bit cheesy, but there are some very good players there, like Infiltration, Xian and Tokido. Also the matches are quite entertaining.
cha cha
128-bit

Re: ESGN.TV Fight Night - Street Fighter

Post by cha cha »

I've caught a few of the matches, I'm glad these are getting a professional touch. I rather dislike Gootecks and Ross as the match commentators, but that's a minor gripe. Kinda sad to see certain sponsorships preventing a lot of top players from being there (reportedly)... that can hopefully be fixed in the future.

I think if they can keep this going until Ultra drops internationally, it has the potential to explode riding that hype train for it.

I'll stay tuned, but AE2012 is kinda stale right now... so not gonna be a watch every vid type thing.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Edge
8-bit

Post by Edge »

You think it's a sponsor problem with the top Japanese players not joining? I mean Daigo is also with MadCatz... at least I thought, I don't really pay that much attention to it.

Another problem with the fist season was the spoilers in-between. But that's better with season 2.

Today's match was pretty good. Ryan Heart vs Aliune. I'd reccomend to watch this. And Infiltration vs Aliune was cool to watch.

I am not following any other fighting games at the moment, because I have reccently just been playing SSF4 AE. Simply because my colleages play this game weekly. So I am kinda stuck with Street Fighter at the moment.

But yeah really excited for Ultra. Especcialy since my character is getting buffed. :p (I main Gouken)
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

All I have heard is rumors that sponsors prevented Justin Wong, Luffy and Gamerbee from going... but I have no real interest in finding out the true story behind it. Just hope the organizers of this can solve it for next season.

Yea Alioune has definitely been taking the SFZ3 announcers advice and is "going for broke!" but Cammy is kinda *yawwwwn* at this point though. I am rooting for a not-Cammy to win every time :)

Nothing wrong with SF4 being the only focus right now man. I am sure Ultra will be the biggest game of the year (though I hope Guilty Gear Xrd can out swag it).

You should join us next week for Fight Night (in my sig, will update thread tomorrow), we'll no doubt be playing SF4. We have a very good Gouken player I can invite if you wanna see where you are at and maybe get some tips. Online is online and will never replace the quality of offline, but still can be a useful tool for the learning of tricks. Think about it!
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Edge
8-bit

Post by Edge »

Yeah, I also don't like watching Cammy. The Ryan Hart match was cool, because he unexpectedly fought back very well using Sagat. But man, in season 2 they have 3 Cammy players(!) C'mon get some more character variation in. An event like this would be a good chance to invite one or two underdog character players each season.

BTW Luffy was there in season 1. But dunno what's the situation with the others.

I might join your Fight Night at some point. However I play on 360 and don't have a gold membership at the moment. When I buy a new membership I might join you guys.