"The" Fighting Game for Saturns & DC's SNK & Capcom Fighters

Brawlers and Beatemups
cha cha
128-bit

Re: "The" Fighting Game for Saturns & DC's SNK & Capcom Figh

Post by cha cha »

That's just the rub of it though.... how do you expect us to know what your expectations for the "<insert company here> experience" is?

In my opinion, within that era the WHOLE:

SNK experience is- KoF 2K2 (consensus best of that era), SS4, LB2

Capcom experience is- SFZ3, SF3:3S, VS, MVC2, PJ, PS2, Techromancer...

and if you REALLLLY wanna be a stickler and only use one game with "street fighter elements", then just go SF3:3S and then play VS, PS2 and Techromancer.

But you are asking us to know your opinions on what constitutes "an experience of the developer/publisher" and then prove to you what is "essential" for that experience, and that is going to be different for every person.... So different in fact, that it will end up just being a bunch of people trying to post games from those companies that no one has posted yet, and the "experience" just becomes a title from every single franchise in that timeline. So, there you have it :wink:
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Thanks, ChaCha.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say thanks. Especially to cha cha. I went with those titles "for the whole experience". Been playing them, and have drifted to other ones now.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I know Real Bout Fatal Fury Special was already mentioned, but I just wanted to say that's definitely a game you should get if you want SNK stuff on Saturn.

Galaxy Fight on the Saturn is another good one. Not an SNK game, but it is a great Neo-Geo conversion. Don't bother with Waku Waku 7 on Saturn, though. Huge waste of money.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I'm probably not gonna win any friends with this suggestion, but... I just LOVE King of Fighters: Dream Match 1999 (DC port of KOF 98). It is one of those omnibus versions that features a ton of characters and the storyline doesn't count.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

KoF DM 99 is exactly a stellar port of KoF 98, but it does have its nostlagic charm. I learned most of the basics of 98 from playing this version back in the days. Still happy I was able to aquire the Dri-Kore version from Japan. I just like the GD disc design on that one :D
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Check out Waku Waku 7 on the Saturn, it is a really wacky bright colorful SNK fighter. Has really tight controls and it is made by Sunsoft so you know it's got some kick ass music, oh man Dandy J's stage theme is mmm mmm good.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

ninjainspandex wrote:Check out Waku Waku 7 on the Saturn, it is a really wacky bright colorful SNK fighter. Has really tight controls and it is made by Sunsoft so you know it's got some kick ass music, oh man Dandy J's stage theme is mmm mmm good.

No where near as good as Bonus Kun Theme. LEGENDARY! XD
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

CD AGES wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:Check out Waku Waku 7 on the Saturn, it is a really wacky bright colorful SNK fighter. Has really tight controls and it is made by Sunsoft so you know it's got some kick ass music, oh man Dandy J's stage theme is mmm mmm good.

No where near as good as Bonus Kun Theme. LEGENDARY! XD

you can't deny this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NscQfGrdC-U

Actually impressed with this CD quality tune on a MVS cartridge
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Eh. I love WW7 more than anyone I know outside of the net, but I was extremely disappointed with the Saturn version - especially with how expensive it is. The slow down is so bad I couldn't even enjoy it casually with friends.

Even though Galaxy Fight is not as good as WW7 on the Neo-Geo, I'd rather recommend GF than WW7 when it comes to the Saturn.