MORE STREET FIGHTER IV

Brawlers and Beatemups
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: MORE STREET FIGHTER IV

Post by dsheinem »

mjmjr25 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I will be getting this for sure.

yep. SFIV has been my fav fighter of the last 5 years and hasn't really been a close second. More characters, same engine, i'm in.

just curious: what else have you spent much time with?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dsheinem wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I will be getting this for sure.

yep. SFIV has been my fav fighter of the last 5 years and hasn't really been a close second. More characters, same engine, i'm in.

just curious: what else have you spent much time with?

SF4 is my favorite fighter this gen as well.

I've played considerable amounts of: BlazBlue (CT and CS), Arcana Heart 3, SoulCalibur IV, SFxT, DOA5, KOF XIII, MVC3 (and Ultimate) MK9.

And I've dabbled in the likes of Tekken 6, Skullgirls, MKvDCU, Battle Fantasia, KOF XII, and others. I've made a pretty solid effort to try to play most major fighting games released this gen actually.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I think i've owned every "mainstream" fighter on ps3 - can't think of any I haven't played.

I didn't give Mortal Kombat much time and I haven't played Tekken Tag 2, but everything else has been given a couple hours at least.

Soul Calibur IV / V
DoA 5
Tekken 6
SF x T
Battle Fantasia
Arcana Heart 3
BlazBlu (both)
KoF XII / XII (XII was very good)
MK vs DC Universe
Skullgirls
SF II HD / SF III Third Strike
Ultimate M v C
Naruto Ninja Storm
Dragonball Raging Blast

Only KoF XIII was a "9/10" game for me (aside SFIV, which i'd give a 10/10)
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

For me it's too close to call between SSF IV and BlazBlue CS. As a full package BlazBlue CS is better and probably the most content packed fighting game to date, but purely as a fighter my answer would be up in the air depending on the day pretty much. Both are among the best in pretty different ways. Nothing else really compares to them this gen. I have to hand it to BB for being a brand new game and already sporting an incredibly impressive and diverse roster. But SF IV is basically the formula boiled down to absolute perfection.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom gets honorable mention from me as being my new favorite Capcom VS game, by a country mile.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I found it interesting how critical David Sirlin was of SFIV when it first game out. He does make some good points, even if his criticisms don't add up to it being a bad game.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

marurun wrote:I found it interesting how critical David Sirlin was of SFIV when it first game out. He does make some good points, even if his criticisms don't add up to it being a bad game.

I read that interview/article a while back. I 100% with him. My appeal towards 4 quickly faded. As a matter of fact, I wasn't partial on it from the get go, but I saw myself playing it just because everyone else was and I was trying to understand what all this praise towards the game was. I quickly went back to play 3S.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

I'm going to hold out in the hopes of a definitive SSFIV physical copy that comes with extra bells and whistles. I have enough SSFIV games as it is.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Luke wrote:I'm going to hold out in the hopes of a definitive SSFIV physical copy that comes with extra bells and whistles. I have enough SSFIV games as it is.

Don't hold your breath. This new update isn't even getting a physical release. The last update didn't either (I'm talking about "AE ver 2012" of course).
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

CD AGES wrote:
Don't hold your breath.

I know. But you can't stop me from dreaming.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Luke wrote:
CD AGES wrote:
Don't hold your breath.

I know. But you can't stop me from dreaming.

That I won't. But as it stands, the physical release of the series is 2 updates behind with this current announcement.