SNES Beat em ups

Brawlers and Beatemups
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: SNES Beat em ups

Post by ExedExes »

Ack wrote:I also just discovered a nasty little trick. So if you use the throwing items with the basic attack, they disappear on the first throw. Use L or R, and they last only three throws. However, apparently the health items don't vanish after three throws. At least the medkit that I just carried through half the sewers certainly didn't when I used it to knock down oncoming enemies so I could then run up and stomp them silly while on the ground. Plus, hey, got a medkit for whenever I need it!

I knew about the L-R "throw" trick for as long as I've played this, I think it was even mentioned in the manual. Very useful for the 100% health items. I also like trying to keep the guns you get once in a while as long as I can.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Final Fight is too hard for me, i can beat Knights of the Round, but not Final Fight :?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Hazerd wrote:Final Fight is too hard for me, i can beat Knights of the Round, but not Final Fight :?

Where are you having the trouble? KOTR is a pretty tough one near the end too.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

infinite punch combo and backwards jump, two skills I see pro Final Fight players pull off in videos.

Final Fight 3 is much easier than the first game, until the last stage anyway
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
J_Wil
32-bit

Post by J_Wil »

I guess I'm not saying anything new by saying TMNT IV, Super Double Dragon, & Batman Returns. Those are 3 of my all-time favorite SNES games. I also have a lot of love for Final Fight 2 &3. The 1st one was ok but I had Final Fight CD as a kid and haven't been able to bring myself to touch the SNES version after playing it but it's certainly not a bad game. I also loved Combatribes back in the day. AVP is a fun one too. Sonic Blastman II is worth a go. Rival Turf was great fun to play with my brother in the early days of the SNES but is just unplayable to me now. In my opinion, Battletoads/Double Dragon is rubbish. Batman Forever is HILARIOUSLY awful and good for a few laughs at best. I didn't really play any other beat 'em ups of note.
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

Thanks for the Rushing Beat music links. Super music. Back in the day I litteraly 'taped' Super famicom music and listened to it. Back then I thought I was insane, but time has proven otherwise. Many people like video game music

Who here has played the arcade Turtles games on the ps2?
They are hidden in some of the ps2 Turtles games.
I've been meaning to try it out. How are the ps2 ports?

dd was the first Master System game I had.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

J_Wil wrote:I also loved Combatribes back in the day. Sonic Blastman II is worth a go.

Revoke my SNES card because how could I (or we) forget to mention Sonic Blast Man 1 & 2? Good ones! Combatribes was too.