Tekken Tag 2 or DOA5???

Brawlers and Beatemups
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Re: Tekken Tag 2 or DOA5???

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

DomitorInvictus wrote:
ZenErik wrote:
DomitorInvictus wrote:If I am not mistaken, DOA5 has a block button? If that's true, TTT2.

Should play similarly to previous DoA games.

I can't really recall if the previous DoA games had block buttons. There's something that really irritates me about fighting games with block buttons, though. Feels so much smoother just to hold back.

I like the block button in Soulcalibur games a lot. I use L1/LB, that's much easier than using the face buttons for blocking and attacking. Still, it's really nice to be able to block and choose whether to run backwards or stand still.

Tekken X Street fighter...hm! I'm not sure if it will turn out well at all. The SF characters will need some serious thought or it'll be an awkward game. You can sidestep hadoukens, for example, but it might be difficult to avoid a spinning bird kick. I wonder how useful a shoryuken would be with the lower jumping. I can't wait to see how they do it.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I wonder how useful a shoryuken would be with the lower jumping.

If it's gonna be anything like Mishima's Shoryu equivalent, you best believe it'll be GDLK!
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

Post by DomitorInvictus »

I love how Ancient Ogre's plume moves.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Anyone playing Tekken Tag 2? Thinking of giving it a shot, but I'd like to hear some opinions first. May wait until it hits $30 - $40.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Anyone playing Tekken Tag 2? Thinking of giving it a shot, but I'd like to hear some opinions first. May wait until it hits $30 - $40.

Been playing extensively since last Thursday! It amazing! Very Improved graphics over 6BR, a ton of characters and content, Tekken tunes is a real nice touch! A lot of the ending are surprisingly long (they are also humorous and give some good insight onyour fav characters) custimization is just abundant, all the upcoming DLC is Free (that's right FREE) and the crazy hackers out there have all ready discovered even more characters than what was prevously announced or known about making the largest roster ever in a 3D fighter even larger. The game is a def shoe in for fighting game of the year :D
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Sounds good to me. :mrgreen: But having gotten Aquapazza and Persona 4 Arena recently and having Dead or Alive 5 very shortly, I will still probably need to wait. Been reading a lot of good about TTT2. It really does look to be a fantastic 3D fighter.

P4A is great, and DoA5 should be solid. Aquapazza is fun, but inputs seemed off. Like I really had to force semi circle movements as fast as possible to get anything working. And even then it wasn't perfect. Hoping I was just having an off day and the inputs are fine. Will try again soon. I only opened it up that time because a friend wanted to try it.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Goodtimes. Well if there was any fighter that was deserving of your $60, its def TTT2! Looks like ima have to wait on DOA5 on account of my TTT2 purchase... plus I really wanna get MVC Origins!
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

Post by DomitorInvictus »

Any tips for an average gamer trying to actually become GOOD at Tekken?
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Any tips for an average gamer trying to actually become GOOD at Tekken?

Know your frames! Properly learn to distinct attacks from High, Mid and Low so you may learn to crush them accordingly, know how to low parry and how to use it. Know your characters launchers and with that learn to juggle properly as this is where most games guaranteed damage comes from. Understand the importance of the wake up game (Okizeme). Find a character that you feel you can enjoy playing with so you flesh out their extensive move list and combinations. Hope this helps a bit.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »