Skullgirls (PSN/360) meetups thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Skullgirls (PSN/360) meetups thread

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Though my favorite fighter of recent years is still Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Really? I think it's good. But not so close to favorite. I'm not even sure I like it better than MvC3 to be honest. I'm not bashing it or anything, and I do think it's a lot of fun and very overlooked. I'm just always a little surprised when people say its their favorite of this gen (you're not the first person I've heard say that).

I am not a huge fighting game fan anymore, but TVC scratches the itch pretty well. Sure I wish it was a six button fighter, but it has charm in that it is a three button. That and I do love beating people up as June the Swan. If I was still heavy into fighters I am sure that I would prefer to play UMVC3 or Blazblue more.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I should mention that I'm not all that familiar with Tatsunoko characters to begin with. So there's that. I also certainly commend the game for having a unique roster. That's the same reason why I love SFxT, or Third Strike, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I should also add that it is a fighter that I can dominate Ack in...that is a rare thing.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I played Skullgirls again last week - combos are inconsistent. I find the background noise and in-game chatter and effects irritating. They were mildly endearing at first - now, just annoying.

I was excited about this game as well - been thoroughly disappointed. I got my PS3 DL for free and that was too much. Pass.

As for SFxT - I like this game, wanted to love it. It seems a 1/4 second slower than SFIV - after loving SFIV so much, i've had a hard time embracing this. I just keep playing SSFIV and KoFXIII. Oh, and Battle Fantasia which plays similar to Skullgirls is quite enjoyable and inexpensive - i'd recommend it over Skullgirls for sure.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

If any of you want a punching bag for SSFIV, SFxT, KoFXIII, etc. I am game. PSN = ZenErik. Just send me a PM on here or on PSN whenever you want to play. My internet isn't crappy anymore.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ZenErik wrote:My internet isn't crappy anymore.

:lol:

mjmjr25 wrote:I just keep playing SSFIV and KoFXIII. Oh, and Battle Fantasia which plays similar to Skullgirls is quite enjoyable and inexpensive - i'd recommend it over Skullgirls for sure.

I need to play more KOFXIII. It's such a great game, and I don't spend nearly enough time with it.

Battle Fantasia is another that didn't click with me. Although you've played it a lot more than me, so I think you'd be a better judge.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

noiseredux wrote:
ZenErik wrote:My internet isn't crappy anymore.

:lol:

Also, feel free to give Divekick a shot. I promise that it's worth the $8 - $10. :mrgreen:
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo