BlazBlue series thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

BlazBlue series thread

Post by noiseredux »

I've gotten conflicting facts... is Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift two different games, or is CS just a revision of CT?

Likewise, I've read that CT2 was released on PSN, but that it's not a sequel to CT but just a revision?

What's going on?
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: I'm a little confused about the BlazBlue series...

Post by dunpeal2064 »

There are several more characters, so I think its safe to say its a seperate game.

My fighting game knowledge isn't too sharp, but I've played both games, and the 2nd seems much much better.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dunpeal2064 wrote:There are several more characters, so I think its safe to say its a seperate game.

My fighting game knowledge isn't too sharp, but I've played both games, and the 2nd seems much much better.

I have Continuum Shift. I like it quite a bit.

Are there are any characters in CT that are not in CS? Is there a different final boss or anything?
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

noiseredux wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:There are several more characters, so I think its safe to say its a seperate game.

Are there are any characters in CT that are not in CS? Is there a different final boss or anything?

Good question, I honestly don't remember any characters in the first that weren't in the 2nd.

I liked the 2nd one much more, it seemed more balanced. In the first, it seemed like certain characters were beast, and the rest were just kinda dull.

Then again, someone that speant the time to learn the characters might prove me wrong. Some of them could have just been really difficult to use properly.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

noiseredux wrote:

CT is the first game, CS is the second. The two games are definitely sequels story-wise, but gameplay-wise it's more like SF4 to SSF4. CT has Nu-13 who is replaced by Lambda-11 in CS (identical move sets).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Oh der, forgot about nu-13

I would say that if you are enjoying the 2nd, the first could probably be left out. If you are really really digging BB right now, then maybe its worth checking out.

They need to come out with Guilty Gear vs BlazBlue already.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dunpeal2064 wrote:They need to come out with Guilty Gear vs BlazBlue already.

sadly it wo'nt happen though since BB basically exists because Ark lost the license to make another GG.

But yeah... an HD Guilty Gear game with online would be awesome.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

noiseredux wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:They need to come out with Guilty Gear vs BlazBlue already.

sadly it wo'nt happen though since BB basically exists because Ark lost the license to make another GG.

But yeah... an HD Guilty Gear game with online would be awesome.

Aww, what a bummer. Should've figured something like that though.

Oh well, that Persona fighting game should be pretty nice
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

They didn't lose it. Ishiwatari has been quoted saying there will be more Guilty Gear multiple times. In one interview I read that he decided to stop doing Guilty Gear because he got sick of it (understandable) and felt like the generation that grew up with Guilty Gear was moving on from gaming, and he wanted to create a new franchise and capture the next generation of gamers.

Also if you didn't know Continuum Shift Extend is coming out in Japan next month and will feature Relius and more DLC characters (they've yet to be announced).
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

So, can anybody recommend Continuum Shift II to somebody who already owns both Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift on XB360? I keep looking over the little box for the 3DS everytime I see it, but I can't tell if it's a true sequel to Continuum Shift or not. Has anyone here played it?
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)