Soul Calibur V

Brawlers and Beatemups
quintorro
32-bit

Re: Soul Calibur V

Post by quintorro »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:I should put up some of my CASup although some are NSFW lol... Got Fox McCloud Xiba which is hilarious...

:lol: That sounds awesome!

I plan to make Inigo Montoya and Zorro sometime.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

I've been making a healthy stable of Castlevania characters..

B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Sideroller
128-bit

Post by Sideroller »

I just played this game with a friend of mine who bought it recently and I have a few bones to pick with it.

I don't mind the adding of new characters, but I'm somewhat disappointed with the ones they chose to pull out. For instance I don't see why they needed to remove Talim or Zasalamel since they were both solid characters, while the newer ones like Viola and ZWEI have really awkward weapons (honestly though I only played as them for a little while since I was just doing versus with a friend, still it was frustrating to not have Talim).

Also why are there like 4 Edge-Master characters?? There should only be one per game, 4 is just pushing it. They could have kept in some older favorites in their place.

And while this isn't really a complaint - I'm confused as to why Ivy gets to be like 60+ years old and still fight while Taki has to train some freaking apprentice to fight for her instead. I mean they're essentially still the same character I know, but still. I love me my Taki. xD

Overall though I still enjoyed playing it, these things just stuck out and kinda bothered me. Hoping to play more of this in the future actually.
3DSStrider
64-bit

Post by 3DSStrider »

Sideroller wrote:I just played this game with a friend of mine who bought it recently and I have a few bones to pick with it.

I don't mind the adding of new characters, but I'm somewhat disappointed with the ones they chose to pull out. For instance I don't see why they needed to remove Talim or Zasalamel since they were both solid characters, while the newer ones like Viola and ZWEI have really awkward weapons (honestly though I only played as them for a little while since I was just doing versus with a friend, still it was frustrating to not have Talim).

Also why are there like 4 Edge-Master characters?? There should only be one per game, 4 is just pushing it. They could have kept in some older favorites in their place.

And while this isn't really a complaint - I'm confused as to why Ivy gets to be like 60+ years old and still fight while Taki has to train some freaking apprentice to fight for her instead. I mean they're essentially still the same character I know, but still. I love me my Taki. xD

Overall though I still enjoyed playing it, these things just stuck out and kinda bothered me. Hoping to play more of this in the future actually.

There are only three mimic characters. Kilik mimics male characters, Elysium females, and EM mimics all characters. It may be a bit much, but at least there's some difference, unlike EM and Inferno in the first game who were literally the same character with different models.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I made a few original characters, but I also have some old staples like Lina Inverse, Yoko Littner, Tifa, Sephiroth, and a few others I can't think of. Also brought back Seong Mina and Taki.

By the way, you guys should definitely check this site.
http://fuckyeahsoulcaliburcreations.tumblr.com/
For those who thought SCIV's CAS system was better (*cough*Flake*cough*) they should definitely check this out.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Just wanted to say I finally picked up the game the other day and I'm having quite a bit of fun.

Though so far, other than a couple of runs through arcade I've spent 95% of my time either in the character creator or in the Quick Play mode, which is actually quite fun. I have yet to go into the story, though I will soon.

I love the character creator though, and a lot of the new options (like patterns) are nice. I made a whole pile of Ranma characters already (nerd), and I'm not done. :lol:

I love having the Devil Jin fighting style, speaking of which.

By the way, is there a story explanation for Kilik becoming this mysterious masked weapon master guy now? Its a cool look and all, but it seems odd.

I mean, I'm glad that he's still available in some form, as he was always my favorite, I'm just wondering what happened to him.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
quintorro
32-bit

Post by quintorro »

Kilik was trained by Edge Master, so it's sort of natural that he's following in his master's footsteps.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

quintorro wrote:Kilik was trained by Edge Master, so it's sort of natural that he's following in his master's footsteps.

I... totally forgot that. Makes sense. :lol:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
quintorro
32-bit

Post by quintorro »

From the SC fan wiki:
Following the events of Soulcalibur IV, Maxi was informed by Edge Master that Kilik would need to pass the Kali Yuga to Xiba in order to protect his soul. This was actually completed before the events of Soulcalibur V and since then the close-knit group of Maxi, Kilik and Xianghua have separated. While Maxi now travels with Xiba, Natsu, and Leixia, Kilik followed in his master's footsteps and has, as he puts it himself, "reached enlightenment."
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

So I just beat the story. That was awesome.

Surprising ending though.