Mortal Kombat 3 vs. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Brawlers and Beatemups
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Mortal Kombat 3 vs. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Post by BurningDoom »

So is Ultimate MK 3 a different game from MK3, or is Ultimate MK 3 just MK 3 with some added features? And if it's the latter, could someone please tell me what those added features are?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me. :)
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Mortal Kombat 3 vs. Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Post by sevin0seven »

read what SpashChick says on the first post of this page:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29761&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=50
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
mugenmidget
32-bit

Post by mugenmidget »

Here's what a snippet from Wikipedia says about removed content (there was plenty added in UMK3, mind you, I just found this interesting):

Some elements from MK3 were missing in UMK3. The only biographies featured are for Kitana, Jade, Scorpion, and Reptile, the ninja characters who were not included in MK3, but were added to the lineup for this release, while all of the biographies and the full-body portraits of the MK3 characters are missing. The biographies that are featured use their Versus screen portrait, with text, on the portal/battleplan background. All of the character endings show each character's versus screen picture accompanied by text, instead of using original art as MK3 did. The storyline intro pictures and accompanying text are never shown. Finally, The Bank, the only stage missing from MK3, was removed completely from gameplay.
http://twitch.tv/multitapmugen
Live gaming streams, click the URL above to visit our channel!
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

There is also Mortal Kombat Trilogy as well, with even more playable characters.

Ivo.
MidnightRider
32-bit

Post by MidnightRider »

Other than what mugenmidget posted, you also lose Sheeva(smaller female Goro) going from 3 to ultimate 3, which, really, is no big deal.

Also, I did pretty well back in the day on the Genesis with a 6 button.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

MidnightRider wrote:Other than what mugenmidget posted, you also lose Sheeva(smaller female Goro) going from 3 to ultimate 3, which, really, is no big deal.

Only on the console versions.
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

AppleQueso wrote:
MidnightRider wrote:Other than what mugenmidget posted, you also lose Sheeva(smaller female Goro) going from 3 to ultimate 3, which, really, is no big deal.

Only on the console versions.

I believe she's intact on the Saturn version.

She's pretty awful though, lol.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Only slightly relevant and rather than wasting space creating a new topic, anyone know why they included this "easter egg" reversed audio on the CD version of MK3 for PC? Seems rather pointless to me. I always it was some message from the developer but back when I had the disc I didn't know how to reverse audio :lol:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image