Brawlers and Beatemups
gennss
128-bit
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Capcom vs. Snk 2

by gennss Sat May 09, 2009 10:52 am

Not the EO version, but it seems like I'm the only one I know that likes this game. I play it on the dreamcast, even more so now that I discovered I could parry like SF3.

The mechanics are interesting and varied, and the characters are great.
--
Gennss
--
Image
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by Mozgus Sat May 09, 2009 11:25 am

It's the only 2D fighter I'm really any good at besides GGX. And I too only play the Dreamcast version.
User avatar
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Statesville, North Carolina

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 am

I just picked up a PS2 copy a week ago and I'm liking it, but hating how shitty the sprites look. Seriously it's like capcom was thinking "Let's just rip sprites out of our other games and paste them into this one!". Graphical detail aside it's a good and solid fighter for $25.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.


Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by Mozgus Sat May 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:I just picked up a PS2 copy a week ago and I'm liking it, but hating how shitty the sprites look. Seriously it's like capcom was thinking "Let's just rip sprites out of our other games and paste them into this one!". Graphical detail aside it's a good and solid fighter for $25.

Is that just because its the PS2 version? I heard that version had sprite glitches. On Dreamcast, the game looks fantastic I think. As good as 320x240 sprites can look on 640x480 3D backdrop.
gennss
128-bit
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by gennss Sat May 09, 2009 1:06 pm

some of the sprites should've been redone, ie: morrigan.
--
Gennss
--
Image
User avatar
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6847
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 am
Location: Statesville, North Carolina

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat May 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Mozgus wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:I just picked up a PS2 copy a week ago and I'm liking it, but hating how shitty the sprites look. Seriously it's like capcom was thinking "Let's just rip sprites out of our other games and paste them into this one!". Graphical detail aside it's a good and solid fighter for $25.

Is that just because its the PS2 version? I heard that version had sprite glitches. On Dreamcast, the game looks fantastic I think. As good as 320x240 sprites can look on 640x480 3D backdrop.

I've only ever played the PS2 and Cube versions, both of which have sprites that look like ass.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.


Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
User avatar
The Apprentice
128-bit
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Wishing I was in California again

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by The Apprentice Sat May 09, 2009 1:31 pm

I have it for the PS2. It looks pretty good, but like the others say I think some of the sprites should have been redone. I'm no good at it either, I do much better with MvC2.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
User avatar
Mozgus
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6628
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by Mozgus Sat May 09, 2009 2:05 pm

gennss wrote:some of the sprites should've been redone, ie: morrigan.

Definitely the worst in the entire game, I agree.
User avatar
the7k
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 am

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by the7k Sat May 09, 2009 3:59 pm

I like CvS2, but it does greatly disappoint me how awful Morrigan looks. I'm pretty sure she looked a lot better in Marvel vs Capcom, and the graphics are pretty similar.

It just seems weird as hell to go through the trouble of making new sprites for so many characters - Ryu, Chun Li, Bison - and make so many new characters - Rock, Kyosuke, Maki - and yet leave Morrigan not only with her same old sprites, but to also make her sprite look so washed out.
User avatar
Majors
128-bit
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:58 am
Location: N. Carolina

Re: Capcom vs. Snk 2

by Majors Sat May 09, 2009 4:19 pm

I love CvS2! My fav 2D fighter ever<period>

Sprites look like the arcade to me, just don't play it on 480p...chunky! PS2 version is most common and also the only tourney accepted version (sans Naomi). I just do not get all the hate on it...
Return to Fighters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests