Who else here collects Arcade machines?

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Doc
8-bit

Re: Who else here collects Arcade machines?

Post by Doc »

Come back when you get Polybius :wink:

Honestly though I'd love to have an arcade cabinet for something like Metal Slug. The idea of just having a massive arcade cabinet sitting in your living room is just so amazing.
elvis
128-bit

Re: Who else here collects Arcade machines?

Post by elvis »

otaku wrote:I'd like to but space is limited (and my family would hate me) and the costs... mostly I would want a neo geo mvs but space...

How limited are we talking?

Modern Japanese cabinets are very compact. After all, they're designed for Japanese game centres - a city where space is the ultimate premium.

I know a few guys who still live at home or are in a share-house situation, and have a cabinet in their bedroom. They're small enough to put in the corner and not completely dominate the room. Also I've seen plenty of guys on forums like KillerCabs (not around any more, which is a shame) who have cabinets under stairs in a multi-level house. I even saw one guy who had two cabinets in his kitchen!

If you're into SNK / Neo Geo titles, have a look around for a SNK Super Neo 29. There's also a Chinese-made replica cab called the LS Sound 29. Both are sit-down candy cabinets, and are very compact (much smaller than a full blown MVS cabinet). Putting one of these in a room with MVS internals is a much more space-saving option than an older upright wooden cabinet.

If you're resource limited (space, time, money), there's always *something* you can do to keep your hobbies alive. :)