Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by emwearz »

Nintendo striking while the iron is hot, 30% off the gameboy Pokemon games on the eShop (at least in PAL regions), not often they capitalise on timing like this, so good to see.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Caught a Hipno, but he's low powered (like my low level). He seems kewl, though.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

marurun wrote:Caught a Hipno, but he's low powered (like my low level). He seems kewl, though.

The key to Pokemon go is to level your character before making many actual moves in terms of evolution and training. Your level determines how powerful the pokemon you encounter are. I just reached level 10 and the pokemon I come across are CP 150+ and can go as high as 250 if they are at their base evolution. I grabbed a 315 CP Hipno tonight in the wild.

So my suggestion is to use your lucky eggs wisely when you are in an area with lots of Pokestops and save up your evolutions for that moment as well, making you earn 1K xp an evolution.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I just found my hypno around in the neighborhood. I had used some incense just to try it out. They dont' evolve, wah wah... But I get what you are saying. I did evolve a couple cheapies just to see what they did. But I may have to put off that kind of stuff until I have more levels. I'm only level 6.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

marurun wrote:I just found my hypno around in the neighborhood. I had used some incense just to try it out. They dont' evolve, wah wah... But I get what you are saying. I did evolve a couple cheapies just to see what they did. But I may have to put off that kind of stuff until I have more levels. I'm only level 6.

Yeah the Drowzee evolves into the hypno. You are about to get a lucky egg item for levelling up I believe and when you get that, be ready to crack it open and profit. When you hit level ten, you should be raring to go.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Flagpole Gym update - I didn't catch the color of who took it away from me and my Eggsecute earlier BUT it looks like the Valor players in my area stepped up around 7:30PM and took it back without my intervention. It now has 2 Flareons and a high CP Vaporeon keeping guard. I was so happy to see my team take it back. I still will check on its status tomorrow.

Also, if you got some money to burn, I suggest you do it. Get a prepaid Google Play card at nearly any store you an think of and get the $19.99 coin bundle. Buying the extra Incubators combined with a Lucky Egg purchase gets you so much XP, when those eggs hatch, 1-2 levels a day if you can get enough eggs. Also spring for a bag upgrade and a Pokémon storage upgrade, you'll be glad you did!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yeah the incubation tracks any movement under 20 mph.

I shall have to remember to leave early so I can drive through the neighborhood very slowly :lol:

I have little news to report. I tried out an incense today at work (It was a slow-ass day, okay. Don't judge me.) Got a couple Pidgeys, Rattatas and a Doduo. I really just wanted to see how well the incense worked. I guess 6 'mons isn't so bad. Was hoping to get the Pikachu on my radar to show up, but he was being a stubborn bugger.

Anyway, the extra catches gave me enough stardust/candy to pump up my Rattata into a Radicate. I have named him Over Bite and I love him.

Going to the store tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some walking/catching time in.... Assuming the app doesn't flake out on me again like it did Monday.

Oh, I also recently read that if you throw a poke ball and miss (as in, it flies off to the side because you threw it like a two-year-old), and you tap it quickly enough, you can save the ball and it'll go back into your inventory. So no lost poke balls!

I have not been able to test this information since I couldn't go out due to working late and I think I'm too far out in the suburbs for the 'mon to show up (Cause they don't show up, like, ever. It's kind of annoying.) But for those of you who'll be out tomorrow, keep an eye on your inventory and report back. Remember, you'll be doing it for science and to save the poke balls.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

The rumor.that if you tap the missed pokeballs, you put it back in your inventory is just a rumor. My friends and I have tried it and it does not work. While, it does make the ball disappear so you can throw again quicker, they do not go back in your inventory.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

So that's how they worked it out, 20mph eh? Did someone drive around to see if it added up distance until it stopped? :) I could see activating the thing and going on a bike ride with the kid, not too many 15mph areas around here and it goes against my nature to make any combustion engine crawl that slow other than large speed humps.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:The rumor.that if you tap the missed pokeballs, you put it back in your inventory is just a rumor.

Bummer :(

Oh well. At least my Eevee info seems to be accurate.