Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

by ExedExes Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 am

See why the new gym system is going to benefit everyone now? CP is no longer a factor for getting a better spot in a gym. It's a FIFO system now (first in/first out). CP is still important for a Pokémon's overall HP and now those with higher CP are going to lose more motivation in battles as well as have a higher degradation rate of their motivation while staying in the gym. That provides balance for those who are at a low level and throw something in that's like around 1000 CP. Plus, no more low CPs on the bottom so even someone new to the game might get a longer time in a gym.

ALTHOUGH, my Flareon that WAS at the bottom of a gym lasted 149 days like that. I added another 133 day long reign of service to him (Feb 7 - Jun 19) to make a grand total and new name of 282 days!

Here's my new, improved, mostly powered up lineup (the 2 Rhydons underneath the 2800CP need more candy, but all my Eev-olutions, Gyarados, Snorlax, and all my battle worthy Exeggutors are fully powered up)

I also hope you all got your Ace Trainer badge where you'd like it too; with no more training it's a retired badge now.

Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:24 am

ExedExes wrote:See why the new gym system is going to benefit everyone now? CP is no longer a factor for getting a better spot in a gym. It's a FIFO system now (first in/first out).

No, I don't. As I mentioned previously, it's basically already first come first serve here. I can't get into any gyms because they're full of my own team. Now that issue is compounded by a 40% reduction in space for gym pokemon.

The gyms are all still gonna be blue, so I still won't be able to get in. What I need is the ability to change to another team.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 pm

The event has been extended till 4:00PM Eastern tomorrow to compensate for issues with Pokémon Trainer Club logins.

Also, the new version is out! Gyms won't be back for a few more days until the update is propagated around the world, but I'm itching to get back in them!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Gym block by your own color is harsh and it's like that here pretty much too, but also so what if it seems more fair with the 6 spots. It's not. As they said, you can just feed them berries to keep them right in that spot permanently if you continually give them some poke-chow like a good little doggy every day.

That's why I said it was a coining scheme. Now those who want those perks will just keep using their coins they earn to buy the berries to keep them there, and the remaining coinage will then go towards whatever else they like -- probably eggs for 2 to 4x events to keep on top.

They're not fixing the problem, they're just adding features for those who can't get in at the gyms to do something, while making it a bigger money grab for the most rabid to keep their spots in the gym. The game ultimately still is setup where most of the pokemon are just straight up useless as they'll never get the power needed to squat in a perch.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Tanooki wrote:As they said, you can just feed them berries to keep them right in that spot permanently if you continually give them some poke-chow like a good little doggy every day.

I found out today that the more berries you feed a Pokémon, the lesser the effect they have. This video shows how each successive berry gives only 50% more motivation (+84/+42/+21) with repeated uses. Only the special gold berry can bring full restoration, but they're only available if you win the new raids they're coming out with. That should hopefully reduce stagnation.

As of right now, berries aren't for sale in the shop either. You can only get them at stops.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 am

Ok let's say you can't buy but only earn the berries, that would be a smarter move. But, that said, if someone knows they'll get kicked out, couldn't they just put another right back in there? Unless they have some rotational blocking that won't allow a re-visit until some period of time with a little bit of effort a lockout could still remain now couldn't it?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 am

If I'm understanding your statement correctly, one of the Niantic support reps at The Silph Road addressed this issue:

I think there will be a 10 minute waiting period from the time a Pokémon is kicked off and the time that someone from the defending team is able to assign a new Pokémon to the Gym. That's what I heard but I haven't confirmed it for myself.

There would be a period of time, say if I was there at a gym I controlled and I saw our gym was under attack and I lost the Pokémon I had in that gym, I just couldn't drop it back in after it was taken out, I'd have to wait 10 minutes, which would easily discourage that type of behavior. It would be a good idea with the fact that 6 slots are always going to be open now.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:20 am

Ultimately we're up against engrish vs reality. It's going to be updating the game and seeing if any of this is more of a benefit or a non-changer to people who haven't just coined themselves into permanent gym spots.

Even with a 10min window, doesn't mean if a color teams up they can't just rotate out individual to keep it locked down still.

If that's the case you have to wonder what can the developer do to make the game fun for the vast majority who get shut out or do people eventually get fed up with nothing changing and move along to the next thing.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 pm

At this point we will just have to wait and see. I'm staying outside of the speculation circle for now. I've had my fill of theory over at the reddits.

The iOS update went live this afternoon, so I'd expect the new gyms by the end of the week.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Gyms are apparently back online.

Run, ya'll! Go, Go, Go!
Return to Other Platforms