Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by ExedExes »

Well, today did not go well.

Flagpole gym was taken by Mystic again. I managed to kick a Kingler out but again with the Vaporeon and the fact that I only have one Electric type right now that's really weak sucks. I'm still waiting on a Jolteon. Elsewhere I saw lots of Mystic gyms and another one by Instinct. I was working on an easy Mystic gym and wiped them all out for -3000 Prestige but then someone added a Venusaur as I went in for another round. You know how that went.

Nothing new caught today yet either. I did see a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur (missed that one) so the assortment looks to be a little tweaked which is good.

I'm out of Potions and Revives, and you can't buy those, so I'll have to wait for Pokestops and levels until I can fight again. I'm very close to level 12 so Great Balls will be available soon, plus as soon as I finish this post I'll be near a Pokestop for about an hour so I can stock up on tons of items (they refresh every 5 minutes).

Keep playing!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'm 2/3 the way through Lv5, I just have a lot of problems with the game losing sync so when I'm out I'm just not getting credit for finds before I out-range them or they disappear, plus still haven't due to that been able to get the 5KM needed to hatch that egg I have. :(

I like it, but I dislike the problems that should have been worked out ahead of time since it has been out there awhile now in Japan.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:I'm 2/3 the way through Lv5, I just have a lot of problems with the game losing sync so when I'm out I'm just not getting credit for finds before I out-range them or they disappear, plus still haven't due to that been able to get the 5KM needed to hatch that egg I have. :(

I like it, but I dislike the problems that should have been worked out ahead of time since it has been out there awhile now in Japan.

How do you get out of range of a place before getting credit for it?

And as for calling you a name. I'm sorry that you aren't able to enjoy anything and feel the need to be on guard for being cheated in every possible scenario. I mean, they did just update the game to bleed more money out of people.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Even an apology is just a shady back handed insult with you ever time isn't it?

I enjoy the game a lot, when it works. I think it's the best Pokemon I've played with since it takes the slog out of the classic formula when it works. If they figure out the server issues I'd be all over it a lot more than I am now.

As far as range goes, passenger in a car, or when I'm at a red light I'll pop it up and see if something is there. By the time I find the game is stuck and reload it, I'm out of range of the pokemon or hot spot.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

ExedExes wrote:Well, today did not go well.

Flagpole gym was taken by Mystic again. I managed to kick a Kingler out but again with the Vaporeon and the fact that I only have one Electric type right now that's really weak sucks. I'm still waiting on a Jolteon. Elsewhere I saw lots of Mystic gyms and another one by Instinct. I was working on an easy Mystic gym and wiped them all out for -3000 Prestige but then someone added a Venusaur as I went in for another round. You know how that went.

Nothing new caught today yet either. I did see a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur (missed that one) so the assortment looks to be a little tweaked which is good.

I'm out of Potions and Revives, and you can't buy those, so I'll have to wait for Pokestops and levels until I can fight again. I'm very close to level 12 so Great Balls will be available soon, plus as soon as I finish this post I'll be near a Pokestop for about an hour so I can stock up on tons of items (they refresh every 5 minutes).

Keep playing!

I wish I could trade items with people because I had to throw away 50 revives earlier today because I ran out of item space. I would have absolutely donated them to you.

As for the "problems," some people are reporting may be the fact that they are in a high speed vehicle and not playing the game as is intended, by walking. That is like playing an FPS and not shooting and complaining that the game is broken because they keep dying.

Look, the game hadoes almost as many active users on android platforms within the first 4 days. 3 million users on android alone. I repeat. 3 MILLION PEOPLE ON ANDROID PLATFORMS ALONE. This is not taking into consideration apple platforms. That is a Megaton of people. I am sorry that some people are having an inadequate experience. I play every morning and late afternoon on average about 2-3 hours on walks. Problems I have experienced? One or two hang ups each trip with it stuck when catching a pokemon. Simple restart and the thing I was catching is either caught or still on the map for me.

There is another issue I have found, which is easily fixable. If you stop at a Pokestop and the image isn't loading and you spin it, you usually won't get the items and any attempt before the next 5 minute refresh time will come up with an error. So, wait until they respond and don't flip it until you see the picture.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

I'm interested in the game but seeing as I never use my cellphone I can't justify paying $100+ for a new phone capable of handling the VR component of the app and I'm a tracfone user so swapping over to a data plan or refilling it constantly would be a pain.

Maybe down the road if it's still active in a year or two I will pick up an older unlocked Iphone 5 and give it a go :P.

Really surprised no one has been reported as dying while playing this yet. Seems like given the size of the user base and peoples tendency to do stupid things while being distracted by their cellphone a fatality is bound to happen at anytime. I mean there were a handful of deaths associated with people going overboard with Ingress and this game has blown up to much larger proportions than that.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Tanooki wasn't the only one suffering from app issues today, so despite his cynicism I feel some of his pain. Most of my hiccups involved the app freezing or refusing to load. It's very frustrating when that happens while you're trying to track down something desirable (Snorlax! No! *sobs*) or right after a catch :( Luckily for me, the app registered most of those hiccups as 'caught,' meaning I wasn't quite as irked as I could have been. I think a lot of it might have been the server, as I was seeing a lot of those white ringed areas pop up on the map when I should have been right on top of a 'mon, but there was no 'mon in sight. Oh well.

But even with the hiccups with the game, I was still able to catch 22 pokemon today. Most of them were Pidgey and Rattata's, but I did collect a few extra bug-types, a new high powered Eevee (he'll be a Jolteon) and two new acquisitions:

Weepinbell
Parasect (With Solar Beam :o )

Still need a couple more Pidgey's and Eevee's for so I can evolve them up.

Fragems wrote:Really surprised no one has been reported as dying while playing this yet.

It's barely been a week. Give it time. I'm sure your surprise at the lack of fatal stupidity will be set to ease by the time next year's Darwin Award nominees are set to come out.

P.S. Some of ya'll are just too negative today.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:There is another issue I have found, which is easily fixable. If you stop at a Pokestop and the image isn't loading and you spin it, you usually won't get the items and any attempt before the next 5 minute refresh time will come up with an error. So, wait until they respond and don't flip it until you see the picture.

Sometimes at a stop I get a message "try again later" along with that, exit the app, return, and they give you the items you were trying to get, and the spot turns purple.

At my hour-long stop, hit it over 10 times, but didn't get a lot of Potions. I saw a couple more eggs (2km) ready to go, so I used a Lucky Egg. VERY lucky, I might add, because even though the hatches were Pokémon I already had, I still got more candy (10 per hatch) and the double XP out of it. On the way home however, things REALLY got lucky. I caught 3 new Pokemon thanks to the new reshuffling (and getting 1200XP for each!)

Gloom
Poliwag
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand a PIKACHU (thank goodness I REALLY needed a better Electric type to take on the Vaporeons! This one has Thundershock AND Thunderbolt!)

I also took to evolving a fast few Weedles for double XP. I am now at Level 12, and got 10 Super Potions and 20 Great Balls, so I'm starting to rebuild again. I have 3 regular Potions, 13 Super Potions and 31 Revives.

I also got a 320CP Eevee that will make a great evolution very soon. I think this one is going to be MY Vaporeon (it has the Swift attack).

Team Valor needs to make up ground. I hope I can take gyms again real soon.

*post from Michi came up as I was about to finish this*

Michi wrote:It's very frustrating when that happens while you're trying to track down something desirable (Snorlax! No! *sobs*) or right after a catch :( Luckily for me, the app registered most of those hiccups as 'caught,' meaning I wasn't quite as irked as I could have been. I think a lot of it might have been the server, as I was seeing a lot of those white ringed areas pop up on the map when I should have been right on top of a 'mon, but there was no 'mon in sight. Oh well.

But even with the hiccups with the game, I was still able to catch 22 pokemon today. Most of them were Pidgey and Rattata's, but I did collect a few extra bug-types, a new high powered Eevee (he'll be a Jolteon) and two new acquisitions:

Weepinbell
Parasect (With Solar Beam :o )

Yeah, I've been getting the condition with the ball on the ground with no "Gotcha!" message, and turns out I missed a good Bulbasaur that way today.

WEEPINBELL AND PARASECT? Nice, and a Solarbeam too. That will be a good Gym pokemon. I'm liking the re-shuffle here. This Gloom I have will make a good Grass type primary.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

ExedExes wrote:Yeah, I've been getting the condition with the ball on the ground with no "Gotcha!" message, and turns out I missed a good Bulbasaur that way today.

Yep. That's exactly what's been happening to me. Screen just freezes on an unmoving poke ball. So far I've somehow managed to keep a large chunk of them, but I lost a perfectly good Pinsir to that dreaded Poke Ball Freeze.

WEEPINBELL AND PARASECT? Nice, and a Solarbeam too. That will be a good Gym pokemon. I'm liking the re-shuffle here. This Gloom I have will make a good Grass type primary.

Yeah. So far the re-shuffle's been pretty good. Hadn't seen those two pop up until today, so I was happy. I kept the app open at work to see what it would do and noticed it shuffling through a good variety of pokemon throughout the day, which is much appriciated. It's nice to see something other than birds and rats on my Nearby tab :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

So here are my Pokemon so far. Forgive any spelling mistakes; I'm too tired to remember how to spell the Pokemons' names and too lazy to look it up.

Bruce (Golbat)
Homeslice (Pidgeot)
Stephen King (Fearow)
Luna (Clefairy)
Marlboro (Koffing)
Furby (Venonat)
Snowflake (Machop)
Tassadar (Eggsecute)
Gangam Style (Psyduck)
Rosalina (Paras)
ToothyVagina (Pinsir)
Flame Doggo (Eevee that I think will evolve into Flareon)
Splinter (Raticate)
Buttermouse (Pikachu)
Ivy (Nidoran Female)
Cerberus (Doduo)
Zap Doggo (Eevee that I think will evolve into Jolteon)
Cumguzzler (Bellsprout)
Thomas (Bulbasaur)
Hentai (Tentacool)
Whoresee (Horsea)
Sanic (Sandshrew)
Salty (Krabby)
Twilight (Staryu)
Dat Boi (Poliwag)
Disappoint (Goldeen)
Extinction (Kakuna)
Schlong (Metapod)
Mega Man (Geodude)
Iron Will (Tauros)
DangerNoodle (Ekans)
Drown Doggo (Eevee that I think will evolve into Vaporeon)
Poison Bro (Nidoran Male)
Celestia (Ponyta)
Phwaygho (Charmander)
Progenitor (Rhyhorn)
Splish (Magikarp; my buddy has one named Splash)
Ember (Dragonair)
Mary Jane (Oddish)
Leonardo (Squirtle)
Harambe (Mankey)

As you can see, I am an extremely mature and sophisticated adult.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.