Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by ExedExes »

New version 0.29.2 is out now for Android! iOS was updated yesterday. It seems from early reports that they balanced the chance you get less commons and more uncommons, so hopefully fewer Pidgey and Rattata.

I read about getting your balls back, but it was just a false claim.

The 20mph thing seems to work well, driving takes care of the eggs for me. I believe that keeping it under that speed also causes the Pokémon to appear on your map.

I haven't got a chance to get out today, but hopefully later this afternoon, I'll be checking on the flagpole gym and testing out this newer version.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Oh yeah they fixed the appearance rate. Today I found a slew of new pokemon for me. We are talking Abra, Diglett and so much more.

Also used the lucky egg technique I outlined earlier. In the half hour time, I went from level 10 to almost level 13. Which is fast.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Thanks for mentioning the app update! I'm updating it right now.

Well, that didn't help my Rattata problem. I think there might be more now than there were a couple minutes ago :lol: At least there are more Pigeottos flying around now instead of Pidgeys.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I noticed that too, figured they did it on purpose to keep trolling people so they'd come back to play and in turn possibly spend more trying to get to where more variety showed up. If it didn't update on its own I'll roll it over on iOS here in a moment.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:I noticed that too, figured they did it on purpose to keep trolling people so they'd come back to play and in turn possibly spend more trying to get to where more variety showed up. If it didn't update on its own I'll roll it over on iOS here in a moment.

Stop being a cynical piece of shit
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Well, a Bellsprout, Bulbasaur and Poliwag showed up. Progress :)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Michi wrote:Well, a Bellsprout, Bulbasaur and Poliwag showed up. Progress :)

Yeah, no question, more variety is popping up. Still lots of rattatas and pidgeys, but I have caught a bunch of digletts when before, I had never seen one.

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Michi wrote:Well, a Bellsprout, Bulbasaur and Poliwag showed up. Progress :)

Yeah, no question, more variety is popping up. Still lots of rattatas and pidgeys, but I have caught a bunch of digletts when before, I had never seen one.

I've yet to see a Diglet anywhere, but yeah. Now I've got a Pinsir in the mix as well. So definitely an improvement from before. I'd love that Taurus that blipped from yesterday to come back, though.

The Pidgeys and Rattatas will probably always be everwhere. There's always one/two 'mons in each area of the game that get in the way of the awesome catches. In Pokemon Go, those pokemon just so happen to be Pidgey and Rattata :lol: Not gonna complain to much about the Pidgeys yet, though. I still need to farm a couple more for candy.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Being cynical is ok; even if annoying. Name calling is not.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

You want cynical?

Is the game broken? Repeatedly and it's whatever area the game appears to still function, but if you tap on the screen nothing works, dude just walks along or stops fine. It forces a restart. Earlier ago I was out and found a bulbasaur and a starmi and in both cases no tap. I restarted, the water one I moved off of, the other was there for like 5sec more then the game 'area' dumped everything (and the list was like 9 strong) down to one fucking weedle. >:\

It has happened every day since I installed it, it's a real pisser.

I did nab a koffing and a raticate today though.