Let's talk about your NEO GEO collecting + PRICE GUIDES

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Let's talk about your NEO GEO collecting + PRICE GUIDES

Post by Tanooki »

That's asinine and expensive, sheesh.

I got NTM weeks ago, Italy no less. Dealed down well on the price with the seller, got the full kit (US) for $86 shipped which was crazy. Currently my favorite golf game, previous years it was hot shots (more or less Mario Golf) but I like this one more these days. Quite the price difference isn't it?
kitkit.com
8-bit

Post by kitkit.com »

Price is subjective. It means someone is willing to spend $10,000 on the NTM US homecart. Just like some members at NG forum were willing to spend $30,000 on the unverified Aero Fighters 3 US homecart. Personally, I would not spend that much on a homecart- maybe for Metal Slug 1 and 2 US homecart I will spend big money because I love those games.

As I always says on NG forum: "AES for ballers, MVS for gamers"

$86 shipped for a full MVS kit is very reasonable. NTM is a great golf game. You got to complete with another person once you get a hang of the game. BTW, the Neo Geo CD version has an extra hidden Scotland course (homecart and MVS do not have that course).

Tanooki wrote:That's asinine and expensive, sheesh.

I got NTM weeks ago, Italy no less. Dealed down well on the price with the seller, got the full kit (US) for $86 shipped which was crazy. Currently my favorite golf game, previous years it was hot shots (more or less Mario Golf) but I like this one more these days. Quite the price difference isn't it?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Ahh bingo that explains it. I kept being led to believe it was hiding on the arcade one and also that mobile version that dropped on the 30th so that confirms what I figured.

I know price is subjective, and I objectively ditched 20th century Nintendo and much everything else from the amount of non-objective price foolish dinguses because of stupid stuff. This, Gameboy, GameGear/Gen, then 80s toys (Lego and Transformers) are my outlet now. :) I never got the MVS stuff obviously when it was supposedly cheaper, but when I know what these things retailed for, and I can peg them down for a fraction of the price I'm thrilled especially if I was a fan of it.
kitkit.com
8-bit

Post by kitkit.com »

Just watched a youtube video for the NTM Scotland course. This guy is amazing! I have not beaten this course yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZoLoC6fH1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVcbW3nHXM
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Crossed Swords 2 MVS conversion by Razoola, few months ago he ok'd a third party to make some stand alone MVS conversions on another run. I wasn't in the demographic for it being new to the site, but one of the owners had buyers remorse and I got it at their cost. VERY Happy to have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsArfUIZIk
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Better than the $2,500 the AES copies are doing on ebay (same ones bought direct from Raz for $300 just 4 months before :/ )
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wow that's pretty sleazy and messed up. I just wish I could find the bloody rom set for this game. I keep backups of any game I have on a cartridge, and the neo-geo stuff I toss on my nvidia shield for on the go. It's like totally incognito unless I'm doing it wrong as just the CD pops up.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Price guides updated.

Future updates can be found here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... ost4116511
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

A few days ago I picked up a copy of King of the Fighters: Battle De Paradise for the NGPC.

I found out something rather extraordinary about it: It contains an entirely different game if you plug it into a monochrome NGP! This effectively means that there are 95, not 94, games to collect for NGP/C as one is hidden away unless you have the correct cart/console combo!

It set me off thinking about some of the other secret stuff I've seen by plugging color games into the NGP, so I spent saturday afternoon going through my whole collection and photographing the results for this compendium that I've recorded on my website along with screenshots as I couldn't find any of the game in question anywhere else on the internet:

http://www.obsoleteworlds.com/neo-geo-p ... reens.html

I didn't find any other hidden games, but I did find a bunch of hidden artwork and animations. This article might not be for everyone but I personally find stuff like this fascinating. If anyone has any of the games I didn't get to try then I'd love to find out what they do.

Anyway, I hope this article can be interesting to some. You might even own more games than you realised. :P
jdollatari
8-bit

Post by jdollatari »

I miss my modded aes and neo geo pocket color. Looking to get back into neo geo someday roms and re releases on current gen consoles don't cut it.