I wrote to SNK in 1991 and they responded

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: I wrote to SNK in 1991 and they responded

Post by CD AGES »

^
What a fascinating read regarding Mr. Okada. Especially learning how he got his job at SNK! :lol: Always had mad respect for the dude. Seems like a regular gamer joe.

Thanks for the link!
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

This was such an exciting time for gaming, the flood gates were open and everyone wanted a piece of the action. Us genesis kids were looking at the super famicom, wondering if it was going to blow us away. The neo geo was a pipe dream at $650, and the turbo grafx was this mysterious gem that none of my friends had.
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

That was an awesome time. Now we get excited about the Xbox 360 which didn't seem too much more powerful compared to the original Xbox upon its initial release. Then we wait a year or however long it was for the Playstation 3 and expect it to be more powerful than the Xbox 360 when it ends up being more similar than different. Back then everyone had a system and it was crazy! All the companies were ripping the other companies new ones compared to today's politically correct nonsense. It was a great time to be a gamer. Now get the hell off my lawn!
valgalder
16-bit

Post by valgalder »

exactly.. even though the console wars of the 90's was kind of ridiculous in a lot of ways it made it very interesting and fun. I remember friends and people at school were so divided, some in the Nintendo crowd and others in Sega and of course the random TG16 / Neo Geo, etc owners that I think most people were kind of intrigued by but most never were able to own at the time.

I really can't get into 98% of new games, but I still have a complete blast playing my Neo Geo MVS with friends..
shallowgamer
128-bit

Post by shallowgamer »

BUMP!!

Another letter from the Game Lord came up on ebay. Just as ignorant as the first one on this thread. This guy was a PR face of Neo Geo. It's a testament to SNK USA's operation as a whole, and I love it :)
kidfresh
24-bit

Post by kidfresh »

Bullshit, SNK. I only dream while I'm playing Neo Geo CD because I keep falling asleep whilst waiting for my god damn Art of Fighting game to load.
Last edited by kidfresh on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

That guy had one hell of a fun job. I wonder if he asked his boss if he could call himself THE GAME LORD or if he just went with it and didn't give a fuck because nobody was paying attention to what he was doing anyway.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Gunstar Green wrote:That guy had one hell of a fun job. I wonder if he asked his boss if he could call himself THE GAME LORD or if he just went with it and didn't give a fuck because nobody was paying attention to what he was doing anyway.

I hope its the latter, because that would be awesome.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'm still pissed about him dissing Ys. Ooops, I mean Y's.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Did Sega and Nintendo actually discourage renting of their consoles back then?

If so, Game Lord has a point.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while