Next-Gen

Re: Spelunky!

Post by noiseredux »

so I just got this book in the mail:

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I feel like it would be cool to do some kind of Spelunky Daily Challenge tournament thing. But how would we do it? Maybe run it for a month - but I guess it's crazy to think that everyone would be able to play every day for a month.

Remember, I'm specifically talking about the Daily Challenges though. That way we are all playing the same set of levels for the month. BUT, that means that you only have ONE SHOT every day to post a score. The upside is that this is like a 10-minute a day commitment.

So maybe something like it's a month-long tournament. Your best Daily Challenge score for each week counts, and then we add up the weekly top scores to get your final score for the month?

Something like that? What's everyone's thoughts? We could potentially do it in April if enough of you are interested.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Are the Daily Challenges the same across platforms? I assume you'd be playing on PC, but I'd be participating on Vita.

On board either way. :)
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark wrote:Are the Daily Challenges the same across platforms? I assume you'd be playing on PC, but I'd be participating on Vita.

I was going to ask if anybody knew that as well. I am not sure. I want to say YES as that would make sense. But if anyone can confirm it would make this more inviting.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark, the Daily Challenge on Steam is different than on Vita/PS3/etc. So looks like I'd be making this tournament a Steam-only affair. Can you still join in? I know a lot of members here have it on Steam.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Sure I'll buy it I guess. I'll try and look around first and see if I can find a deal.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I started a thread for the April tourney if anyone's interested in participating.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I dunno, last time we tried to do this, you got to 1-3. I dont know if I can hang with that power.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:I dunno, last time we tried to do this, you got to 1-3. I dont know if I can hang with that power.

I got to 4-1 again last night! :D

And was crushed by a block that flew at me horizontally within the first 5 seconds. :(
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

That is exactly what happened when I first got to the Temple. I installed it on my laptop so I can get a game or two in every day for the challenge, but I am having trouble getting the xbone controller to mount. So Ill deep dive the driver issue tonight and join you for your month of gaming.