[GUIDE/INFO] Flash Carts, ODE, and more!

Discussion of game backup, reproduction, burning, and ripping. Covers ROM backup, cartridge reproduction, optical disc ripping, burning, and storage. Focus on archival purposes and not deceptive selling.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: [GUIDE/INFO] for Flash Carts, Retrode, repros, and more!

Post by Anapan »

That's a cool addon - I wish I had a CD32. I recently tried emulating the CD32, and I was happy to find that some community members had converted some great Amiga games into CD32-compatible images. Makes for a great addition to my arcade cab as the controls are consolidated to a standard instead of me having to remap per-game.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Anapan wrote:That's a cool addon - I wish I had a CD32. I recently tried emulating the CD32, and I was happy to find that some community members had converted some great Amiga games into CD32-compatible images. Makes for a great addition to my arcade cab as the controls are consolidated to a standard instead of me having to remap per-game.

That's great to hear. Has CDi emulation progressed at all in the past few years?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I was able to get some CDi games running well (with occasional crashing) using MAME's MESS core by launching the CDi bios/core to run the software package/CHD like this:
mame64 cdimono1 pacpanic
The Pac Panic CHD is located @ C:\Emulators\mame\software\pacpanic\pac-panic (1995)(namco - philips)(eu)[!].chd
It took a while to figure out how to turn off the console LCD emulated screen; You have to do it from the [TAB] menu disabling the screen that is docked at the top by default.
I'm using GroovyMAME so I am able to get 1:1 emulation on a 240p screen resolution (tho it's a NTSC screen so the top & bottom are cut off a little).
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I just heard about a new chinese Everdrive GB clone that works perfectly, but is much cheaper than the original.
Here's a video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jByCGV4evM4
Purchase links in the video description.
Sorry for double post, but this is unrelated to the previous posts.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Has anyone mentioned the N8 Pro? Well, the Famicom version is out now. The NES version will be out soon.

N8 Pro info:

MASSIVE update to the original N8 coming soon, forum thread here: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7811.0

Upcoming Mega Everdrive Pro will support Sega/Mega CD! - https://www.retrorgb.com/krikzz-sega-cd ... e-pro.html
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Nice. I always found the N8 save states lacking.

Awesome at Sega CD. Terra Onion going to lower their price?

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Jagosaurus wrote:Nice. I always found the N8 save states lacking.

Yeah, the custom mappers for the PowerPak gave a few slots for save states. I was kind of dissappointed when I got the N8 and found out it was only 1 save slot. But the N8 Pro will have 99 slots per game!

Jagosaurus wrote:Awesome at Sega CD. Terra Onion going to lower their price?

The MegaSD is $270. The RetroRGB link says that the Mega Everdrive Pro will be about the price of the Sd2snes Pro, which is around $200.

I'm kinda pissed though, I just bought a Mega Everdrive X7 because Krikzz had a Black Friday sale. I would have definitely waited for the Pro to come out, if I knew!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Did he already ship it? If not, I'd ask for credit towards new guy.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, I already have it and everything. That's OK, maybe I'll still get it at some point down the road.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Being that SD (Secure Digital) is trademarked or whatever, Krikzz is being forced to change the name of the SD2SNES. The new name is FXPak Pro. Same product, new name.

https://twitter.com/krikzz/status/1210999051870703616

Not sure if only Krikzz has to change the name, or if ikari (the person who designed the Sd2snes) will have to change the name too (which includes the domain sd2snes.de).