Overwatch (the thread of the game)

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
MrPopo

Re: Overwatch (the thread of the game)

Post by MrPopo »

That's interesting, because I haven't been a fan of Moira so far. I think the sticking point for me is that there isn't really great feedback on whether or not you're actually healing someone (especially someone in combat) because the cloud poofs out at the end like Mei's blaster, but Mei's has some audio and visual feedback that yes, you are freezing your target.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I agree that you do have to pay more attention there, yeah. I like Moira because I can actually keep her alive better than I could Mercy. Mercy's healing and mobility are fantastic, but I was always an easy target. With Moira I can actually get some kills in while healing and I dig that.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I named my daughter Moira 6 1/2 years ago and it was unique and now a bunch of nerds are going to name their kids Moira. :roll: :lol:
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Stark wrote:I named my daughter Moira 6 1/2 years ago and it was unique and now a bunch of nerds are going to name their kids Moira. :roll: :lol:

Nerds were already doing it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moira_MacTaggert
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark wrote:I named my daughter Moira 6 1/2 years ago and it was unique and now a bunch of nerds are going to name their kids Moira. :roll: :lol:

Can you change her name to D.Va?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:

Can you change her name to D.Va?

This is a great idea. It can be her nick, although I like her current nickname of Mojo.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

okay so I generally don't care about skins all that much, but OMG

that's awesome, right?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Of course it's awesome.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm briefly *between games* right now. I finished GTA5. I don't want to start FF Type-0 until February. I had wanted to play Okami in the meantime, but don't feel like I'll have much time to get into it now.

So I fired up Overwatch and saw the new Overwatch League skins. I ended up getting the Boston Uprising skin for D.Va because.

Has anyone actually watched any of these Overwatch League games? I'm normally not interested in e-sports, but ugh. I kind of am interested in seeing this.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

We've had a few viewing parties at work. They're quite fun to watch, in my opinion. The people running the observer camera have gotten good at focusing on the right people at the right time and they have an instant replay system for particularly important fights.