RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Visual Novels

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 am

Well, the tweeter was so excited they had to pause several time mid-sentence.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Anyone hear about the Bokuten controversy?

https://nichegamer.com/2020/07/29/all-a ... publisher/

I grabbed the game days before it was pulled, incidentally.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Well, I read through Saya no Uta in a single day. That was, uh, something.......

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:36 am

I still need to write a proper review of Saya no Uta, but I started another VN the other day -- Raging Loop on the Switch.

This one originally came out in 2015 (courtesy of Kemco, believe it or not) but didn't reach America until 2019. It reminds me a lot of Higurashi. It features a ~*creepy Japanese hamlet*~ for a setting, and the death/rebirth loop seems to be something that's literally happening within the story (somehow?) rather than simply being a mechanic.

I'm not very far, but it's entertaining. The localization is good and sort of reminiscent of Steins;Gate but this one's even more meme-y. One of the first lines of the game is "we live in a society."
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:48 pm

All achievements! A rare sight indeed!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Okay, after completing the original Steins;Gate, and subsequently playing two remakes (well, one remake and one "demake") and two spin-offs, I'm finally playing the proper sequel in the form of Steins;Gate 0 (Vita version).

So far, it's pretty decent story-wise. The art style is more generic, though, and there are flashbacks featuring the old (better) art which feels a bit odd. Not totally in love with the new characters either. But it's certainly compelling enough to make me want to roll through a chapter a day. I'm anticipating another 10-ish chapters and 25-30 total hours. 8)
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:44 am

Just wanted to share some recent VN pickups / preorders. Thought you (Bone) might want to give them some consideration.

SeaBed for Switch. I pre-ordered the limited edition from playasia. Reviews for this look great!

Nurse Love Obsession. I ordered from Limited Run Games. I hate LRG but I love physical.

Aokama - Four Rhythms Across the Blue. Ordered limited edition from Amazon.

I'm still slogging through Muv Luv Extra. I know it will be worth it but ugh this is tough. Also on chapter 7 of Thimbleweed Park. Loving every single minute of this game. Love it. Highly recommended.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Return to Other Genres