Good Modern FPS

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Good Modern FPS

Post by dsheinem »

casterofdreams wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I haven't played FC3 or FC4, but I find it hard to believe any game in that series has surpassed the greatness of FC2.

I recommend trying 3 and Blood Dragon. They did a very good job with those two.

I played Blood Dragon...it was ok. Underneath the fun cheese was a subpar shooter.

I have FC3 on PC but the two times I tried it the UPlay stuff was not working so I couldn't login so I said "fuck it".
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Xeogred wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:Far Cry 3 had a lot of variety for me. When they released the patch that let you reset all of,the outposts I was massively happy. Each time I did an outpost run with all of my abilities and weapons unlocked I would do it differently. One full outpost cycle I did strictly bows. The next was shotgun mayhem. After that I used explosives like the mines, C4, grenades and Molotovs.

Even better with Far Cry 4. In every outpost there's a prompt (like a mission prompt thing) that lets you do the outpost over again like a minigame, tracks your score/time and stuff. Then in addition to this, enemies can now take back outposts. I'm not sure how aggressive or plausible this is yet, I've only seen two being attacked and could fend them off. But it definitely spices things up.

The outposts were definitely the highlight of FC3 for me, so it's awesome to see them take it up a notch with FC4.

Not to mention they added fortresses to take over, which are much more heavily fortified but get a bit easier as you take down their respective leaders in the story mission. Enemies stop trying to retake outposts in the area after you take down the Fortress. Also there is Co-op so you can now take fortresses and outposts with your friends, unfortunately my friends are all too poor to own the PS4 version.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Yeah I figured I'll stick to consoles for Ubisoft games. EA too if they're still gonna shove that stuff down our throats.
3DSStrider
64-bit

Post by 3DSStrider »

Xeogred wrote:Wolfenstein The New Order, one of the best single player campaigns I've played in awhile.

I got it for my birthday. The shooting's fun, but there's a bit to much story for my tastes.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Gunstar Green wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Oh sorry, I guess I meant DOOM.

I am so damn sick of that confusing naming trend.

At least it's not DO4M
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

I'd like to play some Dofourm.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Anybody play Enemy Front? I thought it looks decent enough. Will probably be in the bargain bin soon
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Anybody play Enemy Front? I thought it looks decent enough. Will probably be in the bargain bin soon

It's okay. CI Games' games have improved considerably since their LithTech-licensed stint (ran like crap)
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image