Initial D.

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Initial D.

Post by TSTR »

So for folks interested in this type of gameplay, I'm guessing the TXR series is a good substitute (as CD AGES mentioned)? Any recommendations on which one of those is the best to start with?
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

Personally, I really like the Touge series and the Side By Side / Battle Gear games. But most of those weren't released outside Japan either, though some did get released in Europe. Only the first Touge game came out in US (under the name Peak Performance) and that's the worst of the bunch...

As for what actually is available in US...Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 might fit the bill. It focuses on driving on winding mountain roads and drifting through corners, so it's similar to Initial D in that regard. It does have more options in tweaking your car, which may or may not be to your interests.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Ghegs wrote:As for what actually is available in US...Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 might fit the bill. It focuses on driving on winding mountain roads and drifting through corners, so it's similar to Initial D in that regard. It does have more options in tweaking your car, which may or may not be to your interests.

Ah, yeah, that's what I meant—stateside and in English. Thanks for the info!
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

what does initial D mean exactly? or is it just random engrish?
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

ninjainspandex wrote:what does initial D mean exactly? or is it just random engrish?

Well, the D can mean Drift, of course. Especially if you listen too much to the US-localized intro to the anime. It could also be a reference to Project D which is a thing in the story. Don't want to spoil just in case someone isn't following the manga or anime.

Or, like you said, it could just be random engrish and was chosen because it sounds cool. I don't really have any solid facts to prove things either way.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

Get BG3 and BG2, thank me later. look at the vids.
IMHO gameplay is the best in the BG games out of ALL racing games.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Ghegs wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:what does initial D mean exactly? or is it just random engrish?

Well, the D can mean Drift, of course. Especially if you listen too much to the US-localized intro to the anime. It could also be a reference to Project D which is a thing in the story. Don't want to spoil just in case someone isn't following the manga or anime.

Or, like you said, it could just be random engrish and was chosen because it sounds cool. I don't really have any solid facts to prove things either way.

For what it's worth, the title is written in Japanese as 'Kashiramoji D' (although the title is still pronounced essentially the way it is in English) where "kashiramoji" is the term for 'initials,' as in the initials of a person's name.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

pierrot wrote:For what it's worth, the title is written in Japanese as 'Kashiramoji D' (although the title is still pronounced essentially the way it is in English) where "kashiramoji" is the term for 'initials,' as in the initials of a person's name.

Oh, I didn't know that. Interesting, thanks.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Why haven't they ported Battle Gear 4 to PS3? :|
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image