A Far Cry of a thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

A Far Cry of a thread

Post by Pulsar_t »

Repurposing this thread for all Far Cry games, past and present.
Last edited by Pulsar_t on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Far Cry 3

Post by BoringSupreez »

Far Cry 3 looks like it'll be more like Far Cry 1 than 2... which is great. Far Cry 2 had way too much traveling in between the fun parts. Nothing like getting a mission that's on the other side of the map from where you're at.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Far Cry 2 is one of my favorite games, this gen - and there's a nice sidebar on Kotaku (which also glowingly reviews FC3) which puts the new game in perspective for people like me who really liked FC2. I haven't yet played the original Far Cry.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Anyone has the latest Uplay executable? Is it more flexible nowadays?
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Pulsar_t wrote:Anyone has the latest Uplay executable? Is it more flexible nowadays?

It's built in achievements / rewards system (Which you buy 'dlc' with achievement points) is decent, though often I have had to restart the client / game to get my achievement points to pop up. Most other things are pretty bad compared to Steam or even Origin.

You can't activate games you buy retail, when you buy a game from their store you need to download the installer via a link, then download/install the game via that link, once the game is installed it activates, then it is added to your client.

It is getting better, but still fairly crap.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Im getting it for the map maker alone, but I think some of the ads I saw were dumb as hell. "Skyrim with guns" or "Somethin Somethin Red Dead Redemption" :lol:

Far Cry Map Maker Community is a strong crew, I ve been playing since 2008 and still manage to get random people joining my custom maps. If any you guys wanna check out Far Cry 3 let me know. I could use some playtesters!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

dsheinem wrote:I haven't yet played the original Far Cry.

It is maddeningly difficult. It's still one of the better examples of an FPS game with wide open spaces though.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

J T wrote:It is maddeningly difficult.

Not really. More difficult than the average FPS, but I've beat it multiple times.

J T wrote:It's still one of the better examples of an FPS game with wide open spaces though.

Definitely. Wide open, but not so much so that getting around becomes a chore.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

J T wrote:

It is maddeningly difficult. It's still one of the better examples of an FPS game with wide open spaces though.

I loved it, the second monsters came into it, it fell to the shit.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

emwearz wrote:
J T wrote:

I loved it, the second monsters came into it, it fell to the shit.

I don't know what's with great FPS games that drop in quality later on. Half-Life sent you to Xen, Halo unleashed the Flood, Far Cry introduced mutants, Crysis brought aliens.