A Far Cry of a thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: A Far Cry of a thread

Post by TEKTORO »

- Iced Out - By DaRealTEKTORO ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LLCiB4Cq-g

You can know find my FC4 Map on PS4 called Iced Out by DaRealTEKTORO under the Ubisoft featured Maps list! This is an accomplishment for me as it now promotes my maps without getting mixed into the subpar or garbage maps out there!!

It's not coop because I developed it before the feature was made available but from here on out I'am focusing on making coop op maps.

Starting with a series of maps I call Bro Force. The point is to have two buddies in coop play out ridiculous action set pieces I create reminiscent of 80's action flicks such as Rambo, Terminator etc. I usually can spend any where between 20-50 hrs per map so if you chose to follow me expect new material on a per monthly basis.

If your interested and want to know more about Far Cry map editing for any console and any release pm me and I will point you in the right direction.

Also there is already FC5 in the works with some whole new ground up features being utilized and the setting will be Peru South America. And one last thing if you like far cry and would like to see the classic multiplayer such as PvP, teams vs teams return for online play, let your voice be heard anywhere you can since Ubisoft has removed this feature little by little with each release and the community is amazed as to why (it's bullshit).

Also my PSN tag is up there so add me (DaRealTEKTORO) Thanks!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Here is another Map I made for PS4 that is being featured in Far Cry 4.

Titled:
A Night at Hope Ave

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfKdVjSuD0

This is a Zombie Survival Map, Which takes place where I grew up. So it's a homage, resources are sparse and the damage you can take is reflected realisticly. So you must be very carefully to not become overruned. It's tough but a great experience.

I created and walk through for it due to feedback of it being difficult and no direction on what to do. So you can find that on Battlemap(dot)net and look up my thread for this map containng the walk through.

I'd recommend it to fans of stealth, zombies and survival. Enjoy!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I tried going back to Far Cry 3 on the 360 last night after putting 40 hours into FC4 on the PS4, oh man does it show how old the 360 was getting. I thought it looked really good the first time I played it when it came out but now it just looks like crap and feels so empty and lifeless :(
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

The 360 is becoming dead to me because I'm no longer interested in paying for Gold anymore and many of the online matches are fading in the games I played. Besides Scene it (recommend owning all 3 release for longevity) which is a remarkable family game plus Bomberman Live (disc version) I only have it for this and my friends listed who have been my social pals since day one.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

It's been awhile since this thread was bumped.

So with the announcement and gameplay trailers of Far Cry 5, I felt the need to bump this up.

While I don't have any current gen consoles or upgraded PC hardware for FC5 I am currently going through the previous games post FC2 on PC. I finished FC3 which I really enjoyed. Radio towers and outposts cleared and fully leveled. Completed Blood Dragon as well. That was really fun but I went for 100% completion and achieved it in less than five hours. Now I'm going through FC4 and just unlocked the northern region. I am enjoying this more than FC3.

I don't have Primal? How was that game? Worth getting?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

casterofdreams wrote:It's been awhile since this thread was bumped.

So with the announcement and gameplay trailers of Far Cry 5, I felt the need to bump this up.

While I don't have any current gen consoles or upgraded PC hardware for FC5 I am currently going through the previous games post FC2 on PC. I finished FC3 which I really enjoyed. Radio towers and outposts cleared and fully leveled. Completed Blood Dragon as well. That was really fun but I went for 100% completion and achieved it in less than five hours. Now I'm going through FC4 and just unlocked the northern region. I am enjoying this more than FC3.

I don't have Primal? How was that game? Worth getting?

I'm a little bummed to hear early impressions are "FC5 is more FC". I'm a fan of 3-4's formula, but that can probably get stale. I heard they're taking out the minimap supposedly though, which might bump up the immersion and make it cooler. It's not a high priority but I'll have my eyes on FC5.

Primal... man, didn't hear a peep about it. Only detail I remember hearing is that it was quite short despite being a fully priced game, unlike Blood Dragon which was cheap. I don't think it has guns which to me for FC just sounds lame. Seems like an expansion pack you could probably skip.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

Having never played a Far Cry game I picked up Primal on the cheap a few months ago. Put 26 or so hours into it. Enjoyed myself. Was fun. I wondered the whole time if guns would be better. Probably.

But I thought Primal was good. They tried something a little different but using the same mold.

Only thing that would've made Primal better would have been dinosaurs. We got mammoths and saber tooth tigers but that's about it.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

chupon wrote:Only thing that would've made Primal better would have been dinosaurs. We got mammoths and saber tooth tigers but that's about it.

Were they going for a "realistic" vibe? Dinos were big ass lizards and man followed them many many years after the fact.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Pulsar_t wrote:
chupon wrote:Only thing that would've made Primal better would have been dinosaurs. We got mammoths and saber tooth tigers but that's about it.

Were they going for a "realistic" vibe? Dinos were big ass lizards and man followed them many many years after the fact.

Yeah I think they were aiming for 10,000 years in the past. Saber tooth cats were last seen alive around that time. Since those are in the game along with mastodons it kinda makes sense of the timer period portrayed. I haven't played the game so I can't be certain.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

So Far Cry 5 will be released this week (tomorrow I think?) and the reviews are coming out.

Guess what?

It’s more Far Cry. More or less.

Streamlining some stuff. Getting rid of other stuff. Story is about some cult stuff. Overall, based on what I’ve read, I would buy it when it goes on sale. That’s not a knock. I’m poor. A knock would be not getting it at all.

Your thoughts? Buy or no buy? What are you most excited about?

P.S. I did play Primal (based on my last post above) and while I’m still playing it, after about 20 hours or so I can confirm that I like it quite a lot.