Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
J T
Next-Gen

Grand Theft Auto V

Post by J T »

This new trailer for GTA V has me suddenly interested in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ry7sRc.swf

I've always liked GTA games, but I've become kind of tired of them. This trailer makes it look like the storyline for this one is going to be really entertaining though, so if the gameplay fits it, I'm excited to play this.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
8BitMagic
16-bit

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by 8BitMagic »

Sign me up! I don't really go for triple A stuff but I have a soft spot for this especially after GTA4: BoGT
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Only two GTA games this generation; a definite upside to the inflated budgets of today's games :lol: GT4 never grabbed my attention, but after RDR and MP3 I have restored a bit of faith in the old Rock*
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Pulsar_t wrote:Only two GTA games this generation; a definite upside to the inflated budgets of today's games :lol: GT4 never grabbed my attention, but after RDR and MP3 I have restored a bit of faith in the old Rock*

Pretty sure red dead redemption is a GTA game they just couldn't call it that because its horses not cars :lol:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I liked GTAIV, despite it being different. That said, Saints Row 2 completely destroys it in my book and was the best city sandbox game after San Andreas.

This one, looks like the PS2 GTA's all over again. IE, 10x cooler than GTAIV. Suburbs, a wackier cast, more color, absolutely everything about it is screaming AWESOME to me so far. Sounds like it'll be huge and packed with tons to do as well. That was my main issue with GTAIV, the big city thing was cool for once... but that game wasn't much outside of the missions, whereas the PS2 titles had so much more to do on the side and the more varied landscapes made it feel more adventurous.

I'm pretty confident in Rockstar taking this one a step back to what made the PS2 games so fun and putting all that into overdrive.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Loved RDR. Never played a GTA game in my life, so I'm definitely keeping this one on my radar. Though, I still want to see a game based solely on a biker gang. I know that there is the GTA4 DLC, but I don't really want any of the other GTA4 stuff. I've heard little good about it.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Loved RDR. Never played a GTA game in my life, so I'm definitely keeping this one on my radar. Though, I still want to see a game based solely on a biker gang. I know that there is the GTA4 DLC, but I don't really want any of the other GTA4 stuff. I've heard little good about it.

you can buy Lost and the damned and balled of gay tony DLC as a disc release that you can play without GTA 4 i highly recommend those two games especially ballad of gay tony.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Loved RDR. Never played a GTA game in my life, so I'm definitely keeping this one on my radar.

You might be dissapointed if you're looking forward to another similiar experience. Atleast I personally think that there's very little to do in RDR. Don't take me wrong, the storyline was beautifully written and I really enjoyed trekking in the wilderness and admiring the views, I was really immersed in the game's athmosphere. But after I had explored the map and completed the last mission, I didn't have any intrest in the game anymore. The great thing about GTA on the otherhand is the social criticism and satire you'll hear in commercials (there was similiar humor in RDR in the newspapers), radio shows and so on and just going wild by killing innocent civilians, doing stunts with motorcycles and so on. The storylines in the GTA games aren't that great.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Metal Militia
128-bit

Post by Metal Militia »

Well I think its time to bump this thread as the game is releasing in 3 days here in NA. I'm super excited for this game as I have preordered it since 11-5-2012 so I'm picking it up Tuesday right after work. Who else is picking it up?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I can't think of any game with more hype that I'm less interested in than this one. I've not enjoyed a main entry in the series since it peaked with Vice City, so my expectations are low and I don't at all trust reviews after feeling burned with San Andreas and GTA4.

To put it another way: why should I care about this series again?