Video Pinball

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Video Pinball

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:I had always heard terrible things about Mario Pinball (GBA), but a few of you recommend it. Did I hear wrong?

i also like it.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

ejamer wrote:It's was great to see Kirby's Pinball Land mentioned - lots of good memories playing that and Revenge of the Gator. Funny how few people seem to remember Revenge of the Gator now though. Maybe because it was limited to a single table and no licensed characters, instead of the more robust Kirby game?

Metroid Prime Pinball was also a great surprise. I had low expectations but was blown away by the game. Very addictive.

Has anyone else been drooling over the Marvel Pinball tables on the way?
http://www.marvelpinball.com/

I've always heard of Revenge of the Gator, but never got around to playing it. But now that I'm hearing it's built on the same engine as Kirby's, I'm gonna go check that one out!
Also, how did I forget Metroid Prime Pinball and Sonic Spinball??! Sonic was fun for it's time and I still like to throw it on my Genny from time to time, and Metroid just feels so slick! I love the mission layouts, although I feel like a couple boards get cramped a bit at times..

As for the new Marvel tables coming out, I can't wait! As much as I'd love to see a Gambit table, (fat chance!), I'll be looking forward to the Wolvie table!
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

dsheinem wrote: I also have Zen Pinball for the PS3 and need to pick up those FX games....any other current gen pinball I'm missing?

I've also have one of these since I was a wee one:

It might be a fun collecting goal to get at least one version of every pinball game released for a handheld or console. Hmmmm.....

I've heard mentions of Zen Pinball.. Is it different from the FX games on XBLA? I haven't been on PSN in awhile..

Also, nice handheld there! Didn't know that Tiger actually put out a Pinball game back in the day.. I'd say going for every handheld or console pinball game would be a pretty ambitious project, but a mighty impressive looking one when completed!
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
I've always heard of Revenge of the Gator, but never got around to playing it. But now that I'm hearing it's built on the same engine as Kirby's, I'm gonna go check that one out!
Also, how did I forget Metroid Prime Pinball and Sonic Spinball??! Sonic was fun for it's time and I still like to throw it on my Genny from time to time, and Metroid just feels so slick! I love the mission layouts, although I feel like a couple boards get cramped a bit at times..

like I said, they're both Hal Labs. It's tough to find a Hal game that isn't awesome on GB/GBC/GBA.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:[I'd say going for every handheld or console pinball game would be a pretty ambitious project, but a mighty impressive looking one when completed!

Hmmm...

Might be a fun collecting project for next year...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:P ... ideo_games shows 66 games, but I know there are obviously more.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

dsheinem wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:[I'd say going for every handheld or console pinball game would be a pretty ambitious project, but a mighty impressive looking one when completed!

Hmmm...

Might be a fun collecting project for next year...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:P ... ideo_games shows 66 games, but I know there are obviously more.

Jaki Crush, Kyuutenkai: Fantastic Pinball, Night Mission, and Macadam Bumper are some that I immediately see missing from that list. There are some more listed here as well: http://www.pcpinball.com/reviews/index.html

I had considered pulling out my pinball games for a picture. Now you've done it, I will too later.
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

I don't think I've seen Virtual Pinball for the Genesis mentioned. The best part of the game is that you can design and create your pinball table/level. It's about the farthest thing from a real pinball sim you can get though.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

the King wrote:I don't think I've seen Virtual Pinball for the Genesis mentioned. The best part of the game is that you can design and create your pinball table/level. It's about the farthest thing from a real pinball sim you can get though.

That was made by Bill Budge, the guy that made Pinball Construction Set. :)

My pile of bearing blasters.

Just realized I forgot about Flipnic. I want to like Flipnic but there are far too many interruptions that screw up the flow of playing the game. The cutscenes that pop up all the time really ruin the game. :(
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

I LOVE Metroid Prime pinball, its what got me in pinball video games. I liked Pinball of the Dead as well. I'm surprised there isn't a Pokemon Pinball game for DS :cry: It deserves the dual screen treatment.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

swiftzx wrote:I LOVE Metroid Prime pinball, its what got me in pinball video games. I liked Pinball of the Dead as well. I'm surprised there isn't a Pokemon Pinball game for DS :cry: It deserves the dual screen treatment.

They're waiting to give it the 3D treatment. ;D
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)