RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Resident Evil series appreciation thread

by Xeogred Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:54 pm

Both B scenarios feel rather incomplete and weird but I don't mind, they get right to the action and it's cool to have a different starting point. The original game really isn't that different either between the characters, but it's just awesome going through both versions with any little remixed element and different routing to me. The canon timeline seems even more ambiguous in this to me, so yeah I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I actually did do a Claire A S+ run over the weekend. G2 was the worst part for me by far, my second save was next to the chess plug pieces... before getting them. So I had to run through the sewers several times after some deaths. My time was 1:45 something, so I unlocked the infinite assault rifle (S rank) and minigun (S+). I'd like to attempt Leon B Hardcore S+ now to unlock the infinite rocket launcher... I mainly just want to do this run to fill out the 8 profiles on the results page haha.

After that, my plan is to do the Assist Mode run for the "no healing" trophy. You apparently regenerate health in this mode... and it'll be fun to shred through everything with the infinite weapons.

For now, tonight I started my no item box trophy run of Leon A Standard and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm at the police station for the second time and about to party with X. For now I've left all the Mag rounds in the police station, so I think I'll grab those way late in the game when you can return to the station again for the two desks item hunt. And pickup any other item I might want. I'll probably pass on some attachments to save inventory space, like the Matilda's stock. I also don't think you can even discard attachments... so have to hesitate about those. And it'll be good to hoard grenades for some of the later bosses. But yeah it really isn't that bad with how many slots you get in Standard (three more pouches than Hardcore, 6 more slots total) and you already have three extra pouches by this point, so inventory management has gotten pretty easy where I'm at. But I imagine it'll be a little more tricky when I get the Magnum and Flamethrower.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:57 am

My understanding is the auto heal can't get you above yellow health, so be aware of that. I do think it's a bit jive that the "get all inventory slots" achievement can only be done on easier difficulties, as the game doesn't recognize the fact that you have all the ones available at your difficulty as "all".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:29 pm

I finished up the Ghost Survivors missions last night. "No Way Out" was really tough. In my first dozen attempts or so, I couldn't get past 50 kills. Then the stars aligned and I got some lucky explosive placements in the final waves. I don't think I am skilled enough to get the under 60 handgun shots achievement. :(
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:50 pm

bmoc wrote:I don't think I am skilled enough to get the under 60 handgun shots achievement. :(

I don't know WHO is, that seems straight up impossible. :shock:
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 am

I've seen it done on Youtube. You have to have near perfect aim for headshots and be really good at corralling zombies for explosive kills. I just don't have the time or inclination to attempt it. Perhaps I would take up the challenge if I were younger with fewer games in my backlog. :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:10 am

btw, Code Veronica is now playable on Xbox One.
Ack

by Ack Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Sixty handgun bullets...what are the specifics? It sort of reminds me of the one bullet achievement in Half-Life 2: Episode 1 or the achievement to beat Dead Space with only the plasma cutter. Neither of those achievements we're actually that yard once you knew how to do them.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:28 pm

You get a hand gun with infinite ammo to start the "No Way Out" mission. If you win the mission and you fired 60 or less bullets with said hand gun, you get the achievement and an accessory that gives you infinite ammo on all the Ghost Survivor missions. 100 zombies will attack you in waves during the mission. Some of the zombies will have backpacks with extra weapons that are more powerful. There are also zombies that are wearing gas tanks on their backs (because why not). If you shoot the tanks, they blow up and almost always 1-shot kill anything in range. You will get the vast majority of your kills using the backpack weapons and gas tanks.
Ack

by Ack Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Do you get a knife too, or only the infinite ammo handgun? Also, is this heavily RNG based, or will you always see the same number of tanks and backpacks, and if you kill a zombie with a backpack via tank explosion, do you still get the dropped gear?
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:48 pm

I'm pretty sure there were no knives. There are definitely flash grenades though in some of the backpacks. You will always get the same enemies but they will follow different paths depending on where you are in the gas station and how much noise you are making. You'll always get the same number of backpacks and tanks. The backpacks have predetermined items. You still get the backpack if it was caught in an explosion. In fact, if you let a backpack zombie bite you, he will always drop his backpack. So you will be able to get a weapon if you are "out of ammo" because you are trying for the achievement.
Return to Other Genres