Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

Post by Xeogred »

Rare is back. 8)
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

I kinda hope it stays this way 8) I missed Rare/Playtonic....really would be nice if this game suceeded and ended up seeing more from them. Though I hope this doesn't count as part of the indie scene since they actually really know what they're doing just trying to get a new company to replace the one we all lost and loved(well most of us) off the ground. I'd love to see Playtonic become the premiere 3d platformer dev since everyone else seems to have forgone that sub-genre(bar the indies that have done it)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Xeogred wrote:Rare is back. 8)

Wait, they still haven't announced if there will be a double digit number of different types of collectibles in the game.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

darsparx wrote:I kinda hope it stays this way 8) I missed Rare/Playtonic....really would be nice if this game suceeded and ended up seeing more from them. Though I hope this doesn't count as part of the indie scene since they actually really know what they're doing just trying to get a new company to replace the one we all lost and loved(well most of us) off the ground. I'd love to see Playtonic become the premiere 3d platformer dev since everyone else seems to have forgone that sub-genre(bar the indies that have done it)

Playtonic is probably way more legit than other smaller indie studios. They definitely look to have a lot of ex-Rare staff who probably know what they're doing. I'd say this could be more comparable to Tango Gameworks or some of the other smaller independent studios some Japanese creators have started up. Hopefully this is the first game of many to come from Playtonic.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

"Probably know what they're doing" -- they haven't shipped BK, BT, DK64, DKC, Viva Pinata, etc. or anything like that; or made everything you see in the gameplay videos in three months. Yeah, I'd place my bets on that they DEFINITELY know what they're doing,
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

ZeroAX wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Rare is back. 8)

Wait, they still haven't announced if there will be a double digit number of different types of collectibles in the game.

:lol:

Well actually, an amusing bit from the kickstarter:

Collect-em-up 2.0: A roster of shiny collectibles with gameplay progression at their core (as well as other, more valuable materials). Every collectible type in our new game will expand gameplay in a meaningful way. Yes, we employ the man responsible for DK64's myriad of trinkets, but we've had a stern word. Our main collectible, Pagies, are used to unlock and expand new worlds in Yooka-Laylee.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

That's awesome. :lol:
winds
128-bit

Post by winds »

Damn i've watched that Kickstarter video about 5 times already. It just has a certain charm to it that I feel I haven't experienced since Rare was in their prime. Don't really have the funds to contribute to the campaign, but from the looks of it they don't need it anyway. Glad this one's getting funded as i'll definitely be picking it up at release. Love the title too!
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Xeogred wrote:Playtonic is probably way more legit than other smaller indie studios. They definitely look to have a lot of ex-Rare staff who probably know what they're doing. I'd say this could be more comparable to Tango Gameworks or some of the other smaller independent studios some Japanese creators have started up. Hopefully this is the first game of many to come from Playtonic.

Simply put they are not indie. They are a small-medium budget developer, the kind the industry was full of in the PS1 and PS2 era, when low development costs coupled with the low prices of CDs and DVDs (compared to cartridges) made the console gaming scene so full of new and creative ideas.

But yeah, super excited about this :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.