Those Mega Man Moments.

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
TheRev
128-bit

Those Mega Man Moments.

Post by TheRev »

Bought a ton of games off Japanese PSN Tuesday it was awesome. so Wednesday night I was playing Rockman 6 Complete Works as JPSN has Mega Man 5 and 6 and they were the whole reason I even got a JPSN account. So I was playing, I kept playing and before I knew it DR WILY! I beat the first form, beat the 2nd form and I had 1 sliver of life left for the 3rd form no e-tanks left I............................... Died. But for me to even get to Dr Wily in any Mega Man Game after 3 is an accomplishment. I'll get him next time!.
Nyukki
128-bit

Re: Those Mega Man Moments.

Post by Nyukki »

I've been playing a lot of Mega Man 3 lately. Had it as a kid, but could never beat it without 9 E-Tank codes. Been checking out guides on the best level order to go through the game and can more or less breeze through it now.

A kind of gaming goal for me in the future is to attain this level of competency with all NES Mega Man games.
Weekend shmupper
arcadifvid
32-bit

Post by arcadifvid »

these days im just trying out who i can finish first. back then of course we all used a certain order.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours on Mega Man 8 for the Saturn. I remember owning this one when it was new for the PS1 and thinking it was so plain and not very fun - however now 15 years later I'm finding out I actually really like the game. The snowboarding and flying (shmup) sections are probably my favorite moments so far.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

8bit wrote:Yesterday I spent a couple of hours on Mega Man 8 for the Saturn. I remember owning this one when it was new for the PS1 and thinking it was so plain and not very fun - however now 15 years later I'm finding out I actually really like the game. The snowboarding and flying (shmup) sections are probably my favorite moments so far.

Jump! Jump! Slide! Slide!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Wooo for the necro bumps!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I have more MM X moments than Mega Man ones, and they pretty much all revolve around Zero. I traded in a bunch of SNES games that I regret to this day to get a copy of MM X4. That's how badly I wanted it after renting and returning the game. I just loved playing as Zero.

So is everyone excited about...

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

People are already saying "WHERE'S 7-10?!111!1!!!!" and the emulation tech they're using is only good for the NES games, so they say. Plus they're being upscaled to HD with the classic look. It's being done by the ex-company once known as Digital Eclipse, they know emulation.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Mega Man on 3DS?
Sign me up! (especially if it has 3D effects).
ExedExes wrote:People are already saying "WHERE'S 7-10?!111!1!!!!" and the emulation tech they're using is only good for the NES games, so they say. Plus they're being upscaled to HD with the classic look. It's being done by the ex-company once known as Digital Eclipse, they know emulation.

I can overlook 7 and 8, but I really do wish 9 and 10 could get a proper handheld port. Vita, 3DS, Android,... or something.

Also, wasn't Digital Eclipse the ones responsible for the port of Phantasy Star 1-3 on GBA? If so, they are not immune to bugs in their ports.
I know I'm being harsh, but having a save glitch in an RPG is not something I'll forget easily.
...just another lost soul...
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

nightrnr wrote:Also, wasn't Digital Eclipse the ones responsible for the port of Phantasy Star 1-3 on GBA? If so, they are not immune to bugs in their ports.
I know I'm being harsh, but having a save glitch in an RPG is not something I'll forget easily.

Really? I'll admit they've had a bit of a checkered past (MAT 2 *cough*), but they've been in this business making the compilation stuff a lot longer than anyone else.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.