Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Castlevania Appreciation Thread

by Ziggy587 Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:09 pm

Someone just released a hack for Castlevania Dracula X (SNES) that removes the pits from the Dracula fight!

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5223/

I was really hoping that someone would one day do this. Although, I was hoping for a flat ground so it could be a normal Dracula fight. This is still great though!

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
marurun

by marurun Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 pm

The way to cheese that Dracula fight is to try to crouch whenever possible. Then you don’t get tossed.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:05 pm

The only way I can beat it is to cheese it. I stay on the lowest platform in the middle for the entire first form and use the axe. But there's something distinctly not fun about doing that.

I'd really like to ask the person(s) responsible for that design why they thought it was a good idea. Like, they must have thought they were doing something good and I want to know what they were thinking.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:19 am

Ziggy587 wrote:I'd really like to ask the person(s) responsible for that design why they thought it was a good idea. Like, they must have thought they were doing something good and I want to know what they were thinking.

You can ask that question about most of the decisions in that game.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:06 am

Yes, there are some questionable design choices throughout the game, but the pillars Drac fight is entirely another league!

Return to Platformers