Pitfall questions.

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Evildeadmanwalking77
128-bit

Pitfall questions.

Post by Evildeadmanwalking77 »

So I was bored during lunch and reading about some retro games on wikipedia. I came across Pitfall! on Atari and apparently the game ends? This can be accomplished by collecting all 32 treasures, time runs out, or all lives have been lost. The last 2 are obvious "DUH" results of the game ending but I had no clue about collecting all the 32 treasures. How does it end? I can't imagine there being an actual ending, unless I'm wrong? :oops: I thought the game kept looping and you just try to top your score like most of the games back from that era. Anyone know here ever do this?
I am addicted to video games, especially retro gaming from my era. I have: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy, GBA, Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I have probably over 1,000 games in total for all these systems combined. Yes, I need help and I wouldn't have it any other way! This is my passion and hey my wife still loves me!!
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: Pitfall questions.

Post by flojocabron »

This is the bad part of owning pitfall.

Once the timer is at zero, the game is over.

The point is to get as much points as possible during said time.

I dont know for sure but there may be a perfect game score. That is collecting all gold and diamonds and not getting hit by the logs.

A long time ago, I did complete the game, but did not get the highest score

The game just stops and you have to reset the game.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Pitfall questions.

Post by BoringSupreez »

flojocabron wrote:The game just stops and you have to reset the game.

That's one of Pitfall's flaws IMO. I'd rather that the game had no timer, and didn't end until you got through everything.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.