Mouse recommendations?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Mouse recommendations?

Post by Xeogred »

Bought this Havit MMO Gaming Mouse Wired about two years ago:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F3JLY48/

Seems to be crapping out now though. Double clicks are being really weird lately.

Second, the model I have is not the new one pictured on Amazon. Check out the user pictures for the older ones I have. The new one looks worse and annoying!

Ergonomically I think this style is perfect for me and I like the few extra buttons on the side, I don't need anything fancier than this. Some reviews suggest going with Razor... any thought on this DeathAdder?
https://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder ... 01LXC1QL0/
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Mouse recommendations?

Post by Anapan »

I'm using a Logi MX Anywhere 2S.
It only has side forward and back buttons, but it's very responsive on all surfaces and I like that it can pair with it's 2.4ghz receiver or Bluetooth so I can use it on my android devices without unpairing. The wheel is the best I've found in a mouse yet - pressing the wheel toggles clicking or freewheel for rapid scrolling.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

I'd recommend a Logitech g403, Logitech's new mice are all really good, and that model seems closest to what you'd like. I use a g203 but it will be too small if you like to palm grip.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

It’s time to step up into the world of trackballs, xero.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-001 ... ref=plSrch

This is the “mouse” I use every day. It’s perfect. And it just happens to be 50% off on Amazon.
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

samsonlonghair wrote:It’s time to step up into the world of trackballs, xero.

This is the “mouse” I use every day. It’s perfect. And it just happens to be 50% off on Amazon.

I use this as my 'couch' mouse. It's been solid for 3 years and the battery lasts forever. The only downside is it is not as precise as a good opticalmouse. If you're doing anything precise like gaming or digital art, I'd stick to a traditional mouse with a good optical sensor.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Went ahead and got the DeathAdder, loving it so far.

That Trackball mouse looks awesome though. :lol: I always like having a good wireless mouse around too so maybe I'll try it out.

chuckster wrote:I'd recommend a Logitech g403, Logitech's new mice are all really good, and that model seems closest to what you'd like. I use a g203 but it will be too small if you like to palm grip.

I think I saw that one in stores today when I got the DeathAdder, was tempted on this too though. Logitech has definitely been solid in my experience, I have an ancient wireless mouse I relied on after this crappy Havit mouse was messing up on me... and that dinky wireless Logitech thing I've had for, I don't even know how long. At least twice as long as that Havit one. Been happy with Logitech keyboards for awhile too.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

chuckster wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:It’s time to step up into the world of trackballs, xero.

I use this as my 'couch' mouse. It's been solid for 3 years and the battery lasts forever. The only downside is it is not as precise as a good opticalmouse. If you're doing anything precise like gaming or digital art, I'd stick to a traditional mouse with a good optical sensor.

I don’t know what to tell you, chuckster. This trackball IS optical. What’s more, I am a digital artist. I use this trackball for my graphic design because it’s even more accurate than my Wacom tablet. It’s that precise! Maybe you should try messing with your sensitivity settings in your operating system. I find that turning the sensitivity down a notch can improve precision.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Need a mouse, or would you consider a trackball? Once you get used to it they're very handy for gaming. I use a Logitech M570 at least a half year now. I had gone back for a time to using a steelseries mouse I had found at a flea but returned to this trackball which I had used for a couple years before that too. I like the precision of the thumb and the button layout on it more. 5 buttons counting the wheel with this version I use.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

Tanooki wrote:Need a mouse, or would you consider a trackball? Once you get used to it they're very handy for gaming. I use a Logitech M570 at least a half year now. I had gone back for a time to using a steelseries mouse I had found at a flea but returned to this trackball which I had used for a couple years before that too. I like the precision of the thumb and the button layout on it more. 5 buttons counting the wheel with this version I use.

Dude, that’s exactly the same trackball I’ve been talking about!

Consider this two recommendations, Xero. You need to grab a Logitech wireless trackball! It’s the best “mouse” I’ve ever owned.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Solid deal there. I lucked into mine at a goodwill for under 5 and I’d have been happy at 25 amazon has it at. You’re right the precision is incredible on it plus it’s comfy too. I think you’re probably right about the sensitivity too.