Anyone have information on the following game?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
GenerationOne

Anyone have information on the following game?

Post by GenerationOne »

I am running into dead ends everywhere I look and was wondering if anyone here might be able to help. I have a 1993 PC title by GT Software titled Greens: The Environment. I can not find any listing of this game even existing online. All release lists I see of GT Software (Interactive) start with the first release being Doom but this pre-dates Doom. Does anyone happen to have any information on the history or game play of this title? I'm not sure where else to turn! Thanks for your time!!Image Image
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone have information on the following game?

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

This may be a title from good times entertainment which made terrible VHS knockoff movies based off of public domain stories and later into game software as GT Interactive Software. Although it isn't listed as a published software it shared the same address.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:This may be a title from good times entertainment which made terrible VHS knockoff movies based off of public domain stories and later into game software as GT Interactive Software. Although it isn't listed as a published software it shared the same address.

That's what I'm thinking. It probably barely exists in the video game "realm."

Also, it has an ISBN number, which makes me think it's not a traditional video game.

It's not uncommon for computer software to slip into total obscurity. I have a couple of C64 games that seemingly have zero information available online.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Unfortunately, neither the barcode nor the ISBN appear in databases that I can find, including Worldcat. I've emailed Atari, Inc., though I don't know if they'll provide any insight.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Have you checked the Internet Archive to see if that's a game that's included in their collection?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, but no dice. I did find some Ralph Nader recordings, but nothing involving our mystery software.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

You're telling me that the power of Ack, Bone and Bogus couldn't come up with anything?

The plot thickens...
GenerationOne

Post by GenerationOne »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't seem to figure out exactly what the story is behind this "game.". I appreciate all the help!