Hearthstone thread

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Hearthstone thread

Post by noiseredux »

I have that card in my Mage deck omerta. He is my "oh shit" bomb card.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Usually by the time he's in play the opponent has exhausted most of their options at that point. Unless they're holding/drawing an instakill, hex, or return to hand... they're pretty much screwed. Kind of a gamble - but even if he's swiftly dispatched, you may still have enough time to pull out an upset.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I have had him instakilled or sheeped. Not pretty.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Omerta wrote:I forget what it's called, but I pull that dragon that costs ten mana, makes you discard your hand, and wipes the board clean in the Arena sometimes. It's treated me well there. Wonder how it does during real games.

mjmjr25 wrote:I'm fine making this entire forum a Hearthstone dedicated forum, btw.

Can we at least have a sub-forum where we debate what's retro and determine the merits of what bootlegs are okay to sell?

Deathwing - great card, game saver. Not a card you plan to play - but if you're facing certain death, it's a nice ace in the hole. I'd love to have a Deathwing and would be a staple in every mid-range and control deck.

-----------------------

Yes. We can have a boot and "define retro" subforums.

-----------------------

So after complaining earlier today I never pull legendaries - I bought 3 packs and pulled 2 legendaries, including Bloodmage Thalnos - which is a must in almost all decks. 2-cost minion w/spell damage AND draw a card deathrattle.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

this month has been the first month I've ever tried to really just focus on Ranked play and see how far I can get. For weeks I've been in a tug-o-war that results every time I hit 17. It was driving me nuts. I just wanted to get that last win that would bump me to 16. I got it last night, and then got to 15 really fast. I was amazed. But... I got bounced back to 16 pretty quickly.

After focusing so much on Hearthstone this month, I'm considering taking a break when the monthly season ends. Clear the pallet with some other games, y'know? Plus I think Mike is getting intimidated by my natural talent and basic deck.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

You run Mage a lot. Mage is the worst for my typical decks because of her hero-power and number of low cost spells. It's a great anti-aggro character.

Speaking of - this season has been ALL MAGE in the 12-20 range. Seriously 50% of matches were Mage.

Mana Wyrm--> Coin --> Double Taunt Girls --> Flamewaker --> Flame Cannon --> Hero Power --> Frost Bolt --> Frost Bold --> Frost Nova --> Another Flamewaker --> Flamestrike --> GAME OVER

The decks I run - Face-Hunter w/buff minions (no defensive spells, only 2 weapons) and Aggro-Paladin (offensive buff spells only) get CRUSHED by a Mage like that.

Had to go back to drawing board. I'm running a mid-range Hunter that deals w/Mage very well and climbed 19 to 12 in about 3 hours.

Noise - do you have Flamewaker yet? It's a must for the style you play.

Also - save all your dust and craft Archmage Antonidas. This the card that will turn you from a rank 17 player into a rank 10 player.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:Mana Wyrm--> Coin --> Double Taunt Girls

this is my favorite starter haha.

Noise - do you have Flamewaker yet? It's a must for the style you play.

I don't know what that is?

Also - save all your dust and craft Archmage Antonidas. This the card that will turn you from a rank 17 player into a rank 10 player.

that's the 7-cost Legendary I told you I wanted right? Yeah I've been dusting for it - I have like 1200 right now and it costs 1600.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Flamewaker is one of the most OP cards in the game. Should cost 5, or at least 4. Getting him out on turn 2 w/coin is broken. If you get him out, you are Mr. Tempo and the match is yours to lose.

Yeah, Archmage Antonidas is 7-cost, 1,600 dust. Awesome card.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ah yes, every Mage I've faced in Ranked seems to have that Flamewaker card.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Flamewalker was one of my favorite cards. I haven't played now in about a month or so and don't see myself going back anytime soon since it was driving me crazy. Glad you're all still having fun though.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.