DOS Gaming when PC gaming was truely Unique

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: DOS Gaming when PC gaming was truely Unique

Post by Exhuminator »

samsonlonghair wrote: A cursory google search will net you a set of pre-configured files, so you don't really need to do much work except to mount the appropriate folder, type "win" and you're playing minesweeper in no time.

I guess no one noticed that I just previously provided a link to download Windows 3.1 preinstalled with DOSbox all ready to go:

Exhuminator wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Have any of you guys ever installed Win 3.1 inside DOSBox? I'm thinking of doing this to get some older, more stubborn games working in Windows 10.

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/windows- ... load/8675/

I'm going to just stop bothering.
Last edited by Exhuminator on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Exhuminator wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote: A cursory google search will net you a set of pre-configured files, so you don't really need to do much work except to mount the appropriate folder, type "win" and you're playing minesweeper in no time.

I guess no one noticed that I just previously provided a link to download Windows 3.1 preinstalled with DOSbox all ready to go.

Preinstalled is for casuals.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Exhuminator wrote:I'm going to just stop bothering.

I did see it, thank you. I just hadn't had a chance to look at that site yet - figured I would do so when I had time at home.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Exhuminator wrote:

I guess no one noticed that I just previously provided a link to download Windows 3.1 preinstalled with DOSbox all ready to go:

Exhuminator wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Have any of you guys ever installed Win 3.1 inside DOSBox? I'm thinking of doing this to get some older, more stubborn games working in Windows 10.

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/windows- ... load/8675/

I'm going to just stop bothering.

Oh, quite being so melodramatic. I type slowly. You're just too fast for me. You beat me to it by half an hour.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Took you 30min to write that eh? You must be slow. :)

Casual or not I grabbed that file. I haven't seen the inside of 3.11 in I can't remember how long now....1996-98ish. Win95 was so awful and buggy I had removed it and kept 3.11 around until 98 popped up. I know the 3 upgrades to 95 as it trucked along fixed quite a bit but I wasn't having it back then. I added all these patches and things to 3.11 so it would run a good bit of the stuff meant for 95 anyway.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Tanooki wrote:Took you 30min to write that eh? You must be slow. :)

Yeah, I like to double-check things when I'm typing. This slows me down, but it prevents me a bit of embarrassment too.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Makes sense I tend to use the edit feature. I tend to type so fast that sometimes the wrong word gets dropped into place or one gets left out which can screw up intent.