S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game questions

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
wclem
Next-Gen

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game questions

Post by wclem »

Has anyone tried these? Any thoughts on the quality of the games? Are they controller enabled? Does the controller work well with them.

Truthfully, I know nothing of these. I trust the people from this site far more than those of just random websites. Would greatly appreciate any input.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Ack

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game questions

Post by Ack »

Yes, they're excellent, but you'll need to patch them, and they do not natively support controllers. Truth be told, I'm not sure you could map a controller to all of the various buttons, as there are quite a few.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Was hoping they had 360 controller support. Gaming on the keyboard cramps my hands terribly sometimes.

They look like they would be fun. Still may try it out. It wen on sale, there is a bundle right now for all 3 for 9.99 on bundles stars.

Do they need patched for compatibility or visual?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, I would definitely patch them. The first game especially, and if you can find them, there are a pair of fan patches that will do wonders. The second and third games are much better off in terms of stability. I prefer the third overall. The second is the weakest.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Indeed. Fan patch, then enjoy wandering around and occasionally remembering that there are main or side quests to do.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The games are fairly buggy and that's what the fan patches do. Then there's a series of major modifications that expand the core game with cut content and other things. The games are incredibly fun, though if you really hate horror I'd avoid them as there are some incredibly creepy areas in the games.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Playing Dying Light right now, so yeah, horror fan. Hopefully I get a real scare from them.